[Troubleshooting]Help with fuel filter/pump

Hi guys,
    my baby just died , i hope someone can help revive my honda integra vti-r 99.

@4pm today, i was driving as normal then suddenly my car performance was dramatic reduced , there was a clogging sound on my way driving back home(yes i made it home !)
    @10:40pm tonight, i got a mate who is a mechanic to come over to have a look at it. During the test drive, the car just shut off after 2 mins and it didnt turn back on( so we pushed it all the way back home in the rain, fortunately it was only about 150metres!).

more infos: clutch fluid is below the min level, i will top it up tomorrow.

Anyone know about this problem ? Can you please enlight us
    or if you have it fixed at the garage can i please get the parts and labour cost ?

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by ekinnike; 09-01-2011 at 10:26 PM.

might want to tell us what this mechanic mate of yours checked like the obvious spark plug, fuel pump or whatever.. or did he just come over for a joy ride?
    Be water my friend.

joy ride for now =), he will do the checking tomorrow, because its getting late.
    Thank you for the reminders, i will tell him tomorrow .

after doing some research, what i was describing MIGHT be a clogged fuel filter problem.
    "
    Symptoms of a Clogged Fuel Filter

If you feel that your fuel filter has a problem, remove the fuel filter and blow into it. If air doesn't pass through, then it is a sign of a clogged fuel filter. It signifies that the fuel filter needs to be replaced. Some of the other symptoms are

* Starting Problem: Trouble in starting the engine is the most common situation faced by car owners. A problem with the fuel filter leads to starting issues. If the engine does not start at all, it is a sign that the fuel filter is totally clogged. If the engine takes too long to start, then it is a sign that the fuel filter is partially blocked."
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/signs...el-filter.html

Thanks for all the support so far, keep it coming guys !

before you start ripping out your back seat and all to give your fuel pump a blow job pop the bonnet and check the fuel filter first, its in corner up against the wall of the top of the firewall on the driver side. should be like a cylinder either black or gold with two rubber pipes running in and out of it. on it should be an arrow unplug the pipe in the direction the arrow is pointing, now turn on the car (dont have to start it) and it should start peeing petrol. when you start the car you should probably be able to hear the petrol pumping aswell (a low humming noise). check that you didnt put diseal in the system aswell when the petrol come out of the filter.

this should be basic stuff for your mechanic friend anyways along with the other few things he should have checked
    Be water my friend.