Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

buzz/vibrations when taking foot off gas above 6,000rpm?

Hi guys, just had my S2k for two weeks and had a experience today whilst driving. When i took my foot off the gas at about 6-7,000rpm there was a rattle/vibration (quiet noticeable) coming from behind the front dash. I decided to test it again and it happened in both 1st and 2nd gear? If i up shift or down shift from 6,000rpm nothing happens. Any ideas or experiences from others. Could it be from the gear box?

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    clutch brrrrrrrr

Might be. The clutch bitting pretty high at the moment, but is not slippin at the mo. Thanks veyzzii. Any other ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    clutch buzz :P
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Okay that's 2 members saying clutch work needed. Thanks guys. Time to dip into the pocket.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by tsumo View Post
    Okay that's 2 members saying clutch work needed. Thanks guys. Time to dip into the pocket.
    Stock clutches are known to buzz a lot but even after I replaced it with a Spoon Flywheel and Exedy HD clutch, there's still a little bit of buzz (Initially after it was installed it went away completely but then came back ).
    I'd just leave until until your clutch does give out

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    Stock clutches are known to buzz a lot but even after I replaced it with a Spoon Flywheel and Exedy HD clutch, there's still a little bit of buzz (Initially after it was installed it went away completely but then came back ).
    I'd just leave until until your clutch does give out
    +1

Do a search on clutch buzz it's quite common
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Clutch buzz like everyone else says before 9am in the morning. lol

It's recognised by Honda that it was a factory fault in the OEM clutch disc, something about the spring resonating at a certain down shift RPM. It's completely un-harmful to your drivetrain, as I have read and that it would be "fixed" when you change your clutch to AP2 or higher spec. OEM clutch in the S is Exedy HD clutch.. But I think Honda has a revised version available, that has this fixed also.

P.S. This only applies to AP1!

Peace

Thanks guys. Not sure i would say it sounded like a buzz on my car, sounded similiar to a heat shield being loose but I checked that out, was pretty loud!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Definately clutch buzz.

Have a look on s2ki or search this forum to!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Yea dude. As everyone said, its common, VERY COMMON.. Dont bother changing it now, when the clutch starts slipping and its time to go, change it then.. As zhong said, its no harm.

Thanks guys, most helpful.. Not the greatest sound to hear after having ur car for 2 weeks. Hopefully won't have top many other issues.