Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star

ap2 oem roof fit on ap1 oem roof mechanism?

hey guys

new to s2000's. dont know anything about them. just wondering if ap2 oem roof fit on ap1 oem roof mechanism?

reason being. i got a cheap ap2 roof from a friend. dont know if it fits on thats all..

Member Array
    Car:
    red ap1
    it should fit, the softtop that is.
    only difference between them is one is plastic and the other is glass.
    unless u meant the whole frame/motor etc then im not too sure...but it should! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    You would need to modify the frame with straps so the glass won't break when it's retracting. How old is the ap2 roof, what condition is it in? Because for the money you spend on a second hand roof that needs mods to fit, you can buy one from the u.s for 600 delivered and it comes equipped with straps and it's new.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    AP2 roof should fit AP1 with minor modifications. Sorry to Hijack, but you got a link for $600 delivered?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    topsonline.com

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    ^ what he said.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Also, I can confirm it fits as I have a 99 model S2k with an AP2 Glass back roof.... and I love every moment of it

I did a price check for shipping in 'checkout' and it states a $484.83 shipping fee?
    EMpire.ONE

c i v i c - l i z a t i o n

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Shipping is usually around 100 U.s from topsonline ebay store and it arrives FAST

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    You would need to modify the frame with straps so the glass won't break when it's retracting. How old is the ap2 roof, what condition is it in? Because for the money you spend on a second hand roof that needs mods to fit, you can buy one from the u.s for 600 delivered and it comes equipped with straps and it's new.

so your saying it will need modification for it to fit? :P its $450 pickup at my mates workshop. ap2 has been sitting there for ages. its written off

is it worth taking or not? :S

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Sounds good, I have never installed a factory Ap2 roof on an AP1 so im hesitant as to fitment. As im sure you have to make up straps and thats a pain.

Does the frame come with it? If you can get the frame too, it will be better.