Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit

1.5 Jazz 1/4 mile confirmed

For all those that doubted the supreme performance in a previous thread where there were claims that the Jazz could never do a 16 - in fact, many thought it would be closer to the 18 second mark.

Well I hope all those that doubted are hungry cause I'm serving up a dose of humble pie especially for you

On the 19th at WSID I managed a 16.6 pass on my very first ever run with a substantial amount of wheel spin.

I will be getting the slip scanned in so I can officially go up on the board with all the specific details of the run, but I thought you would all like a bit of a heads-up first.

I will be heading out again in March with aims of a low 16 pass which is a pretty reasonble goal if I can get the launch right.

2003 GD3 Fit
    A'pexi Power Intake
    Spoon upper and lower bars
    Tein Super Wagon Coilovers
    A'pexi V-AFC II
    Custom Exhaust
    16" Gram Lights 57s

wow... stock honda jazz... congrats

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    thats what I was thinking...........

I i gotta give it to him.............16's is 16's.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Nice Jus, good work

it is way better result compare to those people who think a Jazz can do only 18s

keep it up \Jus

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    A'pexi V-AFC II
    Custom Exhaust
    16" Gram Lights 57s

Equals...

Better Time

WELL DONE DUDE!!!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Go the Jazzee well done ......
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    Nice Jus, good work

it is way better result compare to those people who think a Jazz can do only 18s

keep it up \Jus
    no one is questioning that a tuned jazz can do 16's...
    but the real question/fun is with a stock jazz...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 2005
    Hi Guys,
    I'm a newbie! I've just picked up my Jazz last week and found this forum. I've read the August 2004 issue of wheels where they conducted a slugfest between small cars (Fiesta Ghia/Barina CD/Jazz VTi/Mazda 2 Neo).

Here are some of the results (These times were based on the best of 2 runs from the same driver),

0-60km/h
    Fiesta Ghia (4.5sec)/Barina CD (5.0sec)/Jazz VTi (4.2sec)/Mazda 2 Neo (4.5sec)
    0-100km/h
    Fiesta Ghia (10.7sec)/Barina CD (11.7sec)/Jazz VTi (9.3sec)/Mazda 2 Neo (10.4sec)
    0-400m(1/4 mile)
    Fiesta Ghia (17.3sec@128km)/Barina CD (17.8sec@125km)/Jazz VTi (16.6sec@134km)/Mazda 2 Neo (17.2sec@132km)

These results seem quite good for a stock Jazz VTi manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    oh shit
    Jus, yr mod do nth or u need to improve yr skill
    Joking =)

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Jus-10, whats your current air intake setup look like, did you end up getting a box or CAI? any change of hearing this exhaust in action, little sound clip pleeeaase

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I think it is more that I need to improve my skill more than anything.....the guys doing the mag tests are doing this sort of thing on a pretty regular basis, so I am pretty happy that I could at least match their results at this stage me being the novice I am. We all know that mild mods such as intake and exhaust aren't going to give massive gains, so I am content with the results at this point.

My exact time was 16.631 @ 84.71mph (136.33kmh). So I am carrying a little bit more speed through the traps than a stock one. Also a note that I was running 100% street trim - floor mats, spare, tools, the works.....

A couple of interesting points to note. On my fastest run I had a 60ft time of 2.658 which was the 2nd slowest of the 4 runs. My fastest 60ft time was 2.481 so automatically there is room for improvement there to shave a few tenths off.

However, whilst I clocked 84.71mph on my fastest run, on my other 3 (I also did 2 16.8s and a flat 17) I was around the 81mph mark.

I think it's pretty safe to say that once I improve my technique I can look at times on the better side of 16.5. I will be aiming for that 16.2 on my next trip out, but I will most probably be looking at stripping the interior out next time....

I think it would be good if we could get a couple of Sydney-siders out one night for a bit of a comparo - autos, manuals, stock and modded. It's only $45 and it is alot of fun.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    I hope i am in Sdyney man

but good enough Jus and good work since u arent professional enough compare with those tester.
    Last edited by TypeG; 22-01-2005 at 04:53 PM.