Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    Hi I'm a newbie here too,

I have a manual vti jazz, and I always find it interesting how many people don't believe they can do 16's. The number of ppl that doubt it makes me, in a small way, doubt it to..

So I dug up some evidence:

1) August 2004 issue of wheels as well, and yeah it stated higher up in this thread it shows 16.6sec for stock jazz.

2) Another resource which helps to confirm this time is WongKN's great Jazz article on http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/JazzVtec/index.html where he tests a stock CVT 1.5 jazz to record a best time of 16.9.

I've driven both the CVT and the manual 1.5 vtec and the manual is definately quicker. (However I would have got CVT if budget permitted!)

Anyway for some reason, despite how much I believe its times, I won't feel completely vindicated until I time mine ;-) It feels very strong for a 1.5, especially when you put decent premium in it (caltex or bp98). It's still under warranty so it won't be seeing any quarter mile action at Adelaide Internationa; - just incase my car dealer is watching - paranoid i know!

Andy

ps: I'm looking for some 04 Vti-S rims.. pm me

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    So you still don't fully believe it even though I have done it at an official meet with time slips (along with some witnesses from some guys at S2Ki who were there)????

I can email you a pic of the time slip if you like?

As for that whole warranty crap...take your number plates off at the track and then there is no proof...it is your safest bet (both for warranty and insurance purposes)

I have lined up against a CVT (it was stock) and my car walked away from it very convincingly.

I still think a very low 16 (maybe even a slight dip in to the 15s) is achievable if I get a bit more practice at getting off the line well - that was my biggest problem, either too much wheel spin, or it would bog down. The rest of the drive is easy as as because you are going so freakin slow! (It feels really really slow)

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    I have lined up against a CVT (it was stock) and my car walked away from it very convincingly.
    There's only one way to launch the CVT with any decent performance.. and its very, very, very bad for it

- Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andys
    There's only one way to launch the CVT with any decent performance.. and its very, very, very bad for it

- Andrew
    Rev it very high in N then drop it to D??....or is there a faster way to lauch the CVT??...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by gd1_nz
    Rev it very high in N then drop it to D??....or is there a faster way to lauch the CVT??...
    Hehe yeah, that. "Very high" depends how much wheel spin vs launch vs damage you want

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    Jus-10,

Nah mate I completely believe you, however your jazz is modified so I can't use your car as an example when debating/talking about it with disbelieving friends.

I can say stuff like my mirage did low 17's and my jazz is definately faster, or this one mag out of 5 states it can do 16's.. They have some good arguments to fuel their disbelief.

So basically what im saying is i'm very confident standard manual vti's can do high 16's, however until I time my car or have timeslip of totally stock jazz, I can't 100% win the argument against disbelievers.

Andy

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Do it man!!!!

I can't get anyone else to do it!

where's pete? everyone try to convince him to head out to the track! drag's can't be worse than circuit, or his normal style of driving for that matter hehehe

i'd hit the track with my car if it wasn't fu*ked, would be interesting to compare to the jazz, roughly the same weight and power.
    had one race with pete, *cough*on a provate road*cough* but dodgied up 2nd-3rd change

Shane

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    My Vti is due for its 10k service so once thats done, I'll look into it.

I bought my jazz with ~400kms on the clock from private seller who decided he had too many cars (wrx sti, echo, jazz and volvo). This service is the first one since I've owned it so have a few little things I want checked out.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    i really wanna take mine to the track, just trying to convince a mate to take his DC5R and film it while racing, just to see how much faster it is, i know it'll flog me but all fun in the end

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Really don't see what the big deal is. I first thought that was the time with a stock Jazz and thought what a BS and I was right.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    coladuna: If i read you're reponse right, you're saying you dont believe stock 1.5 jazz can do 16's? Why would Wheels report it doing 16's if it didnt?
    Last edited by bluevti; 24-09-2005 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Typo