Lowering CD5 Accord - How Many Inches?

Hey guys, I've got my King Springs KHRL 61 and KHFL 60 Ready to be put on tomorrow. How low should I take it down?
    I want to improve handling and look, I do want preserve some sense of comfort and additionally I don't want to take 10 minutes to get over every speed hump.

So Throw us a number and justify why.

Cheers Guys!

I have just placed an order for my Koni Sport Yellow + Koni Sport Springs which will be going down 45mm F; 30mm Rear next week. I'm hoping the ride doesn't get too stiff, so am starting them from the softest setting.

I'd be interested in seeing yours before and after photos if you have any, jford04.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord Vti-S
    From what ive read its around a 30mm drop but I could be wrong

Post pics when your done jford, im interested in getting kings

holy,how much is it setting you back?

$1200 for the kit, freighted to Darwin
    $400 for the install and alignment

A bit much, (that's Tein SS money) but I know what I'm getting is good, with local warranty.

Undercuts the Pedders Sports Rider quote by about $800....

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-97...Q5fAccessories

Does this look good for the price? Just doing research on the TEIN Basic now, see what people are saying about them.

Before Today:

After Today:

More pics in the CD5/6 thread.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...34#post2942954

- The crashiness in the ride - absolutely no change. It always rode better than our new Jazz. Same noises, but the body seems to go back where it should be much faster.
    - Braking and accelerating is far more satisfying.
    - Speeds bumps are hilarious. I was talking to myself asking wtf. It goes over and instantly snaps back in place. Unbelievable.
    - Yes I can take my wife mother and grandmother without any hint of aggression.

Handling
    OMFG, is all I can say.
    Compared to things liek 2008 falcon wagons, this car felt flat. Of course it wasnt, it rolled. Same roundabouts right now? Flat! Absolutely flat. ONly the g forces on hips and pelvis are evident.

So I went around again - much harder this time - and could not make the tires squeel. I have a tonne of more driving to test this out on.

Negatives? Seems odd to pull up beside a commodore - looking up at them lol.
    I can feel the relative softness of the clutch and brakes. The suspension is in a different league. Can anyone recommend good "touring" brakes? Is it just pads that will be enough to give more bite?
    Clutch, will probably be OEM Exedy. I would love to go heavy duty Exedy, but am concerned the bite will make me look like a tool driver when carrying passengers.
    Last edited by Holy Frog; 02-02-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Just tested ,my favourite local corner . +15klms/hour + no a hint of noise for the wheels + felt like the rear ending was about to lift.
    Absolutely outstanding handling, imho.

45km's around tight roundabouts with no tire squeel. Amazing. I am so happy this this kit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Nice! I said more in the other thread.

Most surprising is how hard it can be pushed, and the tires don't make a peep. I've been in and driven lowered cars before - they've never behaved like this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Sport 06
    looks good mate, the handling improvements that can be had with the accord are awesome aren't they

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HONDA ACCORD 95
    i should get 2.5 inch at the back and 3inch at the front...since cd gt more space at the front do u wnt more at the front
    Jkt-801
    Gem-83L