Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 FD1 VTi

FD1 2010 and kits related - Noob question maybe?

Hi everyone,

As you can probably see, I am new to the forums and have some questions that I would like an answer to. I have used the search tool, but the posts are quite out-dated and don't have much information on the 2010 FD1 models...
    I've read a fair bit on the FD2R and Mugen kits where it doesn't fit the 2010 FD1 and the only kits that fit it are just lips added to the original body.
    I was wondering if someone could explain to me if this is true, and if it's false, could someone source me to a place where I can get a the FD2R kit in Melbourne.

Thanks,
    Zylon

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    if ur after an fd2r kit, there are aftermarket replica kits made for FD1 front guards (which are slightly narrower than the actual fd2r guards), but they are full bumper replacements for ur rear and front oem bumpers... and they should fit all of the 8th gen sedans; 06-current. as for sourcing one in melb, i wouldnt have a clue since im not from there

the mugen kit is basically just a lip kit + rear wing, and they just bolt onto ur factory bumpers. the issue with this one is that there are 2 versions; one for the 06-08 civics and one for the 09+ civics. the only differences are the front grille and the front lip because 09+ models have a different front end than the pre 09 civics.
    Last edited by aero; 19-01-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 FD1 VTi
    Thanks for the response aero =D

I went to get my windows tinted today, and the guy recommended Mars Performance. On the site, they have the Mugen RR body kit which replaces the bumpers. Would you know if this kit will fit on my FD1?
    In fact, is there an FD2R kit that is of pretty high quality and standard which you may know off?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    I've been contemplating buying the Mars Mugen RR front bumper actually. Just haven't run into the money yet.

The kit will fit your fd1 because it replaces the bumper instead of attaching onto your existing bumper. That being said, it is gonna cost more to paint that a lip kit too I expect.

Keep us updated on how you go.

stance > fenders

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 FD1 VTi
    just by looking at it, the front bumper apparently replaces the grill also, wouldn't that look quite odd? even if it was sprayed?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    The rr bumper should also include the grille attachment as well. It should only be supported by clips; like how the oem grille is attached to the front bumpers of our cars... So u can just keep the rr grille black and not have to paint it.

In regards to the type r kits. Most that I've seen from places in aus are made from fiberglass. I would suggest to go with abs or other plastic material as they are higher quality and are more durable than fibreglass. But it's hard to find them.. And abs and ppu kits are more expensive than the fibreglass made ones. In any case.. After u purchase ur kit, ur still gonna have to fork out hundreds of dollars to get them sprayed. Just keep that in mind

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Maybe vinyl wrap ? Imo it would be cheaper, and better for resale of the kit.

Only issue would be matching the colour..

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    my frd will hv one set up for sale soon, pm me if interested

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    not an FD2R kit but this kit is made by modulo for the09-2010 civic

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    i like the rear and side skirts. dont like the modulo or mugen front lips honda have for the 09+ models.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 FD1 VTi
    This kit should be a bumper replacement, as it says right?...

If so, would it be able to fit on 09+ FD1 models?
    Is someone able to pm me where to get this in material which isn't fiber-glass as aero had stated that it isn't as durable.
    I prefer this kit more than the Mugen RR which is why I'm trying to find it.

As for the Mugen RR kit, would this be a lip kit or a bumper replacement?

ps. sorry if this is advertising as i just simply copied the picture location

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Btw where is the first kit from?

And yes the Mugen RR is a bumper replacement at the front, but an attachment at the back.

stance > fenders