Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro oil filter

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline

Euro oil filter

I did an oil change on my car and found that the oil filter is in an awkward position. just wondering if anyone has found a way that is easy to change the filter?

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    No easier way to change the oil filter or access, best way is from directly underneath, even from behind driver wheel its hard...

Put a piece of plastic under the oil filter/ below the driveshaft, soo when you remove the oil filter, the oil falls on the plastic and flows down towards the same area the engine sump plug cover is.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Yeh I did that but I'm not sure if someone had found a better way? Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    yes u do it from the top if u have skinny arm and just from top of the bonnet u grab n twist

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    That's pretty far down but I'll give a go.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    first time i did an oil change.....i went from underneath the car but dammm, when taking out the oil filter all the oil started running down and every where. got some on the shaft thats right underneath the filter so i had to do alot of cleaning :s

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    That happened to me. Had a bit of excess still dripping. I reckon Honda put it in that position so that you take it back to them to do.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Yeah it's a real pain in the ass to the point i've given up on DIY oil and filter changes.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by biee2 View Post
    first time i did an oil change.....i went from underneath the car but dammm, when taking out the oil filter all the oil started running down and every where. got some on the shaft thats right underneath the filter so i had to do alot of cleaning :s
    Yeah, I just usually put a rag underneath on the drive shaft to catch the drips. The old plastic bag trick doesn't really work with the Euro. Make sure you remember to remove the rag from the drive shaft after, or you will cause damage to the car when you drive off.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Not sure if it would be worth it. But is there a oil filter relocation kit? I have heard that a few nissans have this mod and that it moves the filter basically at the top it the motor

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Accord Euro 6MT
    In comparison, the CU2 sounds easier, just remove 7 bolts, drop the undertray for easier access and the oil drain bolt and oil filter is right there facing the rear.
    PS: the Ryco replacement filter is a Z547 and can be had for around $15.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Sounds about the same. Still a pain. But dont have a euro any more so don't need to worry lol