Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by davidvtec View Post
    Put a b18c7 in and go 5 stud ! you wont regret it ! im still finding funds for the 5 stud conversion as well.

So far lookin good yo !
    why go for 5 stud? im just curious as to why spend extra when theres plenty of rim selection for 4 studs, i think its a pretty pointless conversion unless u got some really good rims to back it up, an by that, rims u cant find to suit 4 studs....

not a fan of s2k seats in other cars, just looks wired lol... maybe cause of the shape of the headrest? :S

its looking good, my opinion, stick to the 4 stud, use that 1k, an put it towards more useful mods, that actually make a difference
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    why go for 5 stud? im just curious as to why spend extra when theres plenty of rim selection for 4 studs, i think its a pretty pointless conversion unless u got some really good rims to back it up, an by that, rims u cant find to suit 4 studs....

not a fan of s2k seats in other cars, just looks wired lol... maybe cause of the shape of the headrest? :S

its looking good, my opinion, stick to the 4 stud, use that 1k, an put it towards more useful mods, that actually make a difference

Totally agree on this one.. The 4 stud rim selection is heavy and let alone cheaper in most cases.

I used to own 5 stud cars and wheels were always looking awkward or just to ugly to suit lol

S2k seats they look alright in a civic but when you see it from behind it does seem weird/different

Gl on the build!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    hey thanks for the support guys!

yeah i wouldnt be surprised if they look weird from behind (s2000 seats) but its the comfort i bought them for, they were a great deal for what they are

yeah i ordered slotted rotrs for my front and some new rears coz i needed them anyway since they were undersized for machining. i reckon ill save a little extra money and put it into handling and getting some of the dents out so i can show the car off a bit more! if i manage to get rich you never know i might try find a b16 for myself =D

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    finally did my brakes and got a photo of rear sway bar and extractors!!

Just got RDA rotors on rear and RDA slotted rotors on front, for anyone wondering part numbers are 474 and 475

got some qfm brake pads on the front and had some genuine honda ones to go in the rear

made a decent amount of difference

you can also see the king springs in the front and pedders in the back :P

i put the standard wheels on because the tyres are way better than the achilles on my lensos. when i get some new tyres theyll be back on anyway!

rear sway bar!-whiteline

ebay stainless steel extractors!

anyway thats my photo post for now! hopefully ill be able to get a front strut brace soon and probably some new shocks since my rear ones are busted from the springs.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post

I'm going 5 stud for two reasons, to upgrade to bigger brakes and also want gunmetal grey dc2r rims on cause i think they'll look nice.

Each to there own
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by bambi View Post
    finally did my brakes and got a photo of rear sway bar and extractors!!

Just got RDA rotors on rear and RDA slotted rotors on front, for anyone wondering part numbers are 474 and 475

got some qfm brake pads on the front and had some genuine honda ones to go in the rear

made a decent amount of difference

you can also see the king springs in the front and pedders in the back :P

i put the standard wheels on because the tyres are way better than the achilles on my lensos. when i get some new tyres theyll be back on anyway!

rear sway bar!-whiteline

ebay stainless steel extractors!

anyway thats my photo post for now! hopefully ill be able to get a front strut brace soon and probably some new shocks since my rear ones are busted from the springs.
    Ur white line sway bar, iev been meaning to buy the bracing kit an brackets as ive got the swaybar itself but no bracing kit, but too lazy, how does it feel?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    sway bar feels good man, its a lot tighter in the rear end, feels a lot more composed especially combined with the strut brace ive got in there as well

cant you get imitations of the dc2 rims? if your a cheap ass that is :P haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    hey guys i got a better photo of my front rotors with the lensos back on (and clean for once)

and i photo of my 3 point front strut brace from Ultra-Racing

for anyone who wonders if strut braces do anything i did notice a different in the suspension characteristics through turns. when i went over a bump with the other wheel which normally would cause severe understeer, i found the car pushed back further into the corner, so thats a win in bang for your buck modifications!

rotors!!

strut brace! should probably put throttle cable and vacuum line underneath brace at some point...

and yes i recognise i need a new camera

stay honda!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2&EF3
    Nice shot mate i like your slot rotor*!!

So wt will be yr next step??^^

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    i literally got my wisdom teeth out on friday so im physically out of action haha

i reckon ill get the exhaust lowered so i can fit the rear lip, and ill figure out how to mount my seats in.

just shopping for a CAI at the moment. anyone bought a good one they would recommend?

and the last visual mod i wanna do (ignoring the dents i needa get repaired) is the ek9 wing so i just need to find one paint and fit it
    Last edited by bambi; 06-03-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: forgot last bit :D

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    for CAI i suggest going to an exhaust shop and getting a custom one made up to ur specs... will be cheaper and if u do it right, more effective than most CAI systems out there, unless ur spending the big bucks.
    Getting there...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    i was prepared to go for a k&N or an injen intake which i can get off ebay for less than $400 for a CAI delivered. how would these compare to a custom?