Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Injen intake would be a good option but they r pretty pricey. U can get a K&N filter to suit for around $100 or cheaper so id say if u can get a Stainless Steel 2.5" pipe made up to the design u want, even copy Injen's design... if that costs under $200 which im sure it will, id opt for that option.

I plan on doing this to my EG track car in the future as i can get a bigger diameter pipe, slotted to sit right behind the fog-light slot for plenty of fresh air, and it'll cost me peanuts compared to getting an Injen, which i think is a bit narrow for my application anyway.

Go see Peter at Carline Mufflers on Grange Rd, he's the man n will look after u. Only thing id say, the CAI or SRI wont make all that much difference on ur motor, if ur just after a bit of Grrrunt u can get that from any eBay $50 SRI kit.
    Getting there...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    well as a matter of interest then would this kit make a noticeable difference? its a no brand CAI

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

where abouts are you located in adelaide? i wanna see this eg sometime!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Yeah if i were you i would just get that, pretty damn cheap n looks ok. It would be a matter of about 0.5hp between a CAI and SRI with a D16 anyway. U can always make up a custom box for it to keep the heat away or lead an a/c pipe or something to provide it with some cool air. In my old car i actually used a standard DC2R intake box but replaced the filter with Spoon and cut a 10cm round hole in the bottom n fed a 10cm a/c pipe to it, basically the Mugen design, but about $900 cheaper and no cop would ever pick on it.

Ohh my project has barely even started mate, just collecting a few more parts at the moment. Its pretty much just a matter of getting a new car so the EG can be taken off the road for a while to get the motor install, strip n cage etc. dont worry u'll see this thing at Mallala by the end of the year. Im based down South, but my car isnt the Honda in SA to look out for, theres a few real beasts being built at the moment most guys here like to keep it on the low haha
    Last edited by Tegzieboi_BAR; 10-03-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Getting there...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    i was considering the cut option coz my airbox is the same as an ek9 by the looks of it but i have so many resonators itll kill the noise :P

i love seeing a track honda and i look forward to seeing it man! id love to get an eg and give it a roll cage and take part in some rallying, i reckon itd be great fun

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Yea my mate is building an eg6 rally car, very impress so far n it's still very far from finished. With the resonators under the box, just remove em n leave the top section. It's actually a good way to go about it on a street car.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by bambi View Post
    well as a matter of interest then would this kit make a noticeable difference? its a no brand CAI

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

where abouts are you located in adelaide? i wanna see this eg sometime!
    cheers for this link lol... why spend 300 for some pipes and air filter when this does the job
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    cheers for this link lol... why spend 300 for some pipes and air filter when this does the job
    haha thats alright! if you buy it let me know how it goes for noise and performance so i know if its any good coz ive got a couple of things to spend money on first!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegzieboi_BAR View Post
    Yea my mate is building an eg6 rally car, very impress so far n it's still very far from finished. With the resonators under the box, just remove em n leave the top section. It's actually a good way to go about it on a street car.

oh the resonators underneath are easy to take off but theres a couple hanging from the intake pipe that dont need to be there but you cant take them off so i would prefer a cai to clean all that up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    bad news, today i was at a khanacross (spectating) and i went to reverse out of my park and tore the front lip of my car, it broke into 3 pieces, im not entirely unhappy with the situation, to be honest i wana ready to get rid of it for an ek9 style one since i think they look a lot cleaner. ill order one from JDMyard asap and stick it on to repair the looks of my beautiful daily driven baby!

if anyone wants a mugen style front lip in 3 pieces, let me know its going cheap! haha

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    bad news, today i was at a khanacross (spectating) and i went to reverse out of my park and tore the front lip of my car, it broke into 3 pieces, im not entirely unhappy with the situation, to be honest i wana ready to get rid of it for an ek9 style one since i think they look a lot cleaner. ill order one from JDMyard asap and stick it on to repair the looks of my beautiful daily driven baby!

if anyone wants a mugen style front lip in 3 pieces, let me know its going cheap! haha
    Haha shot gun the mugen 3 piece lip

But TBH the jdmyard lips and any replica lips often look chat as and possibly dont even result to the type r style lol!

I snapped my lip off not long ago and have been lurking for a second hand em1 lip as it's the same as ek9 but am prob just gonna order new

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    as long as its semi close its good enough haha. i just cant be bothered paying for a genuine one i need that money to go towards putting my seats in and hopefully getting an ek9 cluster!

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    as long as its semi close its good enough haha. i just cant be bothered paying for a genuine one i need that money to go towards putting my seats in and hopefully getting an ek9 cluster!
    Ah that's alright then lol yeah those lips are good enough then and te seats ah they were my first large mod