Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Civic Vi EU

Too Much Camber...

Hey guys,

I recently had to change a tyre on my 03 Civic Vi (EU) due to the inside of the tyre being worn, when they did the wheel alignment they found that i had too much negative camber in the rear.

They suggested a camber kit but it only adjust to .05 degrees which isn't going to do much.

Would it be better to put in a control arm? or better to put in a set of adjustable coilovers?

Its a daily driver & i still want good ride comfort & handling, but also want it to be low & look good.

I lowered it 3.5" all round and sitting on 18x8.5" Rims

What do u guys suggest?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Post up your alignment sheet, they could just be trying to make some money out of you. Excessive camber doesn't wear tyres nearly as quickly as incorrectly set toe will.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    how long did you drive on these tires for before you had to change them ? i dont think coilovers will help your camber issue UNLESS it has adjustable camber tops.

i agree with chargeR about toe affecting tire wear more then camber. when you lower any car you get camber, thats the way the suspension geometry is.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    was it just the one tyre wore out?? pics???
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.