Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Sounds like your car went through exact same symptoms (stutter at light throttle, VTEC is still working, slammed accelerator and hestitates then travels fine at mid-high rpms) as mine except I was NA. I had checked all the above items (TPS, electrical, ignition, ICM, dizzy, leads, plugs, etc.) and you guys are correct in checking for those items first (same I did) and could not find the culprit until 4-5 weeks later after searching/diagnosing the problem etc. I finally decided to change my injectors as it was worth buying new ones then carrying out cleaning them professionally.

Could have been your injectors are blocked where rust particles travelled through your fuel pump, fuel line, past fuel filter and into the injectors. This happened to me as moisture built up in the fuel tank and was filled with rust. However I changed to a 2nd hand fuel tan. You would like to change/check fuel pump then the replace with OEM fuel filter and if the problem is still there, then its your injectors.

If changing injectors, be sure to flush out all excess fuel from the fuel lines, then reconnect fuel pump, fuel filter and injectors. This way. you can be sure anything still stuck in your fuel lines all came out.

Hope my experience is useful to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by zropts View Post
    Sounds like your car went through exact same symptoms (stutter at light throttle, VTEC is still working, slammed accelerator and hestitates then travels fine at mid-high rpms) as mine except I was NA. I had checked all the above items (TPS, electrical, ignition, ICM, dizzy, leads, plugs, etc.) and you guys are correct in checking for those items first (same I did) and could not find the culprit until 4-5 weeks later after searching/diagnosing the problem etc. I finally decided to change my injectors as it was worth buying new ones then carrying out cleaning them professionally.

Could have been your injectors are blocked where rust particles travelled through your fuel pump, fuel line, past fuel filter and into the injectors. This happened to me as moisture built up in the fuel tank and was filled with rust. However I changed to a 2nd hand fuel tan. You would like to change/check fuel pump then the replace with OEM fuel filter and if the problem is still there, then its your injectors.

If changing injectors, be sure to flush out all excess fuel from the fuel lines, then reconnect fuel pump, fuel filter and injectors. This way. you can be sure anything still stuck in your fuel lines all came out.

Hope my experience is useful to you.
    so you said you changed the injectors.. what did you change it to? and how much?

i have a similar problem and considering cleaning the injectors, but since you changed yours, might be a better option...

anyone know how much to clean injectors?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    RC 240CC at roughly $300 I think... Cleaning the injectors professionally will cost around $100-$200

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    RC 240CC at roughly $300 I think... Cleaning the injectors professionally will cost around $100-$200
    hey thanks.

taking out the injectors.. how long you think time wise?
    anything i should watch out for?

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    regarding the rc injectors? did you buy from america or someone locally? what type of injector? peak/hold or saturated?

for that price, might as well buy new ones unless someone can comment on the flow pattern between stock vs RC..

what engine was the injectors for?

thanks again

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Quote Originally Posted by nugget View Post
    hey thanks.

taking out the injectors.. how long you think time wise?
    anything i should watch out for?
    Not much, pretty basic, a few bolts and the fuel rail & injectors will come off. You will leak a little fuel. All took 30mins out and new ones in.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Quote Originally Posted by nugget View Post
    regarding the rc injectors? did you buy from america or someone locally? what type of injector? peak/hold or saturated?

for that price, might as well buy new ones unless someone can comment on the flow pattern between stock vs RC..

what engine was the injectors for?

thanks again
    Because I'm N/A, I got saturated. I just wanted stock replacement injectors so I bought it from America with the clips to suit my B18C. Im sure you'll be able to find threads on the stock vs RC vs saturated/peak injectors.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Because I'm N/A, I got saturated. I just wanted stock replacement injectors so I bought it from America with the clips to suit my B18C. Im sure you'll be able to find threads on the stock vs RC vs saturated/peak injectors.
    greatly appreciated..
    im NA as well. B18c7. so stock injectors are saturated then...and 240cc.

thanks for the info.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    i dont think injectors are the problem mooshie is having.
    In the first post he states that

Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    The car ins't stalling at all and it starts fine, just a very slight misfire on very light throttle like cruising on a flat road. Speed makes no difference and it is fine when I apply a heavier load to the engine such as going up a hill or accelerating, seems to be worse on a hot day and it doesn't happen when the engine is cold, although my engine warms up very quickly compared to stock due to the turbo.
    if it was a fueling injector problem at very light throttle the oxygen sensor would make the correction and it would behave the same at wide open throttle as it would be lean.

maybe the problem is with tuning of his Autronic SM4.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    It might be worth running some upper engine cleaner through,it will help 'smooth things out'...

The fuel filter would be the next thing i would swap.

And I recommend to check the timing is set correct.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    It might be worth running some upper engine cleaner through,it will help 'smooth things out'...

The fuel filter would be the next thing i would swap.

And I recommend to check the timing is set correct.
    when you say using engine cleaner, h ow do yopu use it?

just spray in the throttle and let the engine burn it?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Got a similar problem too but my engine light comes on and off. Will be replacing my ignition coil to see if it fixes issue.