Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    update:
    igntion coil replaced.

car fires better and takes off smooter/better
    the hesitation is still there but not as harsh. engline light comes on after i vtec.

while changing coil i noticed the distributor cap was coroded, i sanded as much off as i could.
    also the distributor rotor was abit rusty and sanded that off back to bare metal.

will be replacing these 2 items soon and getting new oem ignition leads.
    im running brand new ngk platinum spark plugs too!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Remember to clean the carbon off the 4 points in the dizzy.

An new 02 sensor for $100 is always a good buy too.This can cause your car to run rough as an old/faulty one sends an incorrect reading to the ECU.

Many people including mechanics underestimate the importance of a properly working 02 sensor on Honda's.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Remember to clean the carbon off the 4 points in the dizzy.

An new 02 sensor for $100 is always a good buy too.This can cause your car to run rough as an old/faulty one sends an incorrect reading to the ECU.

Many people including mechanics underestimate the importance of a properly working 02 sensor on Honda's.
    yeah i sanded the corrosion off the 4 points in the dizzy but couldnt get rid of them back to bare metal.
    is the 02 sensor easy to install? where to get the part from?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by kriZy View Post
    yeah i sanded the corrosion off the 4 points in the dizzy but couldnt get rid of them back to bare metal.
    is the 02 sensor easy to install? where to get the part from?
    The carbon should come off real easy.I'm on my second dizzy cap cause I was taking too much off those 4 points..the metal comes off quite easy too..

I use a flat head screw driver and chip /scrape it off,it takes 45 seconds for each one,anymore and more than likely you are taking the metal off.It's just easy to do..

The 02 sensor is easy to install,just gotta make sure it's installed on the 1 pipe on the headers i.e. where the 4 meets the 2 then meets the 1,there,that way the reading will be correct as it will be reading all 4 cylinders.If it isn't there it should be moved there,if a bung isn't already there it can be made easily and the other bung plug up with a short bolt,so it dosen't stick through into the pipe.The 02 sensor wire will need to be extended.

Also make sure U are ordering the correct 02 sensor,can order a bosch one from global spares or the likes.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    If your engine is stock, why not try a stock ecu and see how you run with that.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    well I swapped the coil today and to no effect, still had the hesitation after about 20 mins of driving when it got hot.

So fk it, now the car is going up on stands to swap turbo, radiator and traction bar install cos I go on leave in a weeks time. see if a retune fixes the problem when the turbo is installed.

kriZy if you want to try an o2 sensor to see if that fixes your problem I have a spare that made no difference to my issue so I assume it is all working correctly, will let you have it for a bit less than I paid if you like. shoot me a PM if you are interested.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    any updates?

cheers

Hi
    Is this a common problem for dc2's I have just brought one, and I am having the
    Samee problem aswell but mine is N/A

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    I ended up installing the new turbo etc and took it down for a retune and that fixed the issue, never did know what was actually causing it.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985