Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    yeah the highlighted piece is the cut off switch, it isolates the battery, you don't really need the charger as these dry cell battery have very long shelf life if left full charged, but the charger is always good to have but not necessary especially if u only hitting the track a couple times a month. You basically unscrew the green knob anit clockwise to isolate and clockwise to reconnect, it takes two seconds. So when i know im going to park it for awhile i just undo the knob and when im ready to use it i just screw back up and off i go.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMTOY View Post
    yeah the highlighted piece is the cut off switch, it isolates the battery, you don't really need the charger as these dry cell battery have very long shelf life if left full charged, but the charger is always good to have but not necessary especially if u only hitting the track a couple times a month. You basically unscrew the green knob anit clockwise to isolate and clockwise to reconnect, it takes two seconds. So when i know im going to park it for awhile i just undo the knob and when im ready to use it i just screw back up and off i go.

has to be hooked onto the negative......incase the image confuses anyone !

ahh yep, i see it. would save having to loosen nuts etc every time you want to disconnect

I bought the charger because i know my car could be sitting for a while at times and Who knows if it will be 100% charged after backing it off the trailer when i get home etc. I had a buddyclub lightweight battery befor, let it sit for about 6 months or so. Then when i started using it again, it couldn't start the car, but still enough power for accessories, tried re-charging but didn't help. The charger is just an extra investment. I will no doubt have to use it for more than just the civic battery in the future.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

yeah is that one of those chargers that maintain the power level once fully charged unlike normal ones that trickle charge once full, they are used on motorbike applications as some people don't ride very often and require lots of cranking amps for initial start.

Good price buddy, you can't go wrong with that charger. Lights on it are good in the sense that can tell what its doing/how the battery is with just a quick visual when I manage to go into the garage every couple days.
    DLUG Racing

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE View Post
    Good price buddy, you can't go wrong with that charger. Lights on it are good in the sense that can tell what its doing/how the battery is with just a quick visual when I manage to go into the garage every couple days.
    did u hook it up direct to the terminals and simply disconnect the dongle when taking the car out ? Pix as im interested as to the mounting of it.

Nah, I just use the alligator clamps on the terminals and have the charger sitting beside the battery, which has been relocated to the rear passenger footwell.
    An extention cord goes through the window LOL. Since it IS a track car with only the driver bucket seat, can see the charger lights from outiside the car through any of the windows.

The extention with the dongle you are talking about would come in handy and be quick to plug back in. Even better if you can mount the charger on the wall. Will eventually do it like this FWIW.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    I bought ETX12 and i'm not to phased about the terminals. whatever it is, I'll work something out
    did yours come with post-style terminals too?

Quote Originally Posted by AE092 View Post
    Yeh you can buy different adapters and fittings for the terminals so it shouldn't be a problem. Looking at getting the Deka ETX15, around 5.0kg but has slightly higher CCA and Voltage which I'll need for my car as it's a daily with alarm and audio.
    i just called them, they said the batteries come with post-style terminals.
    gonna pay now hehe im excited.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    did yours come with post-style terminals too?

i just called them, they said the batteries come with post-style terminals.
    gonna pay now hehe im excited.
    My ETX12 didn't come with any terminals man. just came like the picture. no terminals, just threaded hole with a bolt. So allow for bolting on ring terminals. If you get post style terminals with the same battery as mine from the same seller let me know.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    My ETX12 didn't come with any terminals man. just came like the picture. no terminals, just threaded hole with a bolt. So allow for bolting on ring terminals. If you get post style terminals with the same battery as mine from the same seller let me know.
    we bought the etx15l, ill let you know what the terminal adapters look like when they arrive.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    i didnt get terminals as well, tho not that i need em, i already had a set from my old battery
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    Any of you guys planning on running the battery flat? Or upright as per usual? I might have an issue with flat due to the earthing kit..

Thanks mocchi for the purchase, lemme know when it arrives and I'll come over with the dollar signs