Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakygreek View Post
    He just got a New Cannon yesterday as the other one was very old. 2 Inch inlet, 6 inch Barrel and 4 inch tip, sounds quite nice now, very droney around the 4krpm zone.

He is playing on a CAI, Extractors and Full exhaust system soon. What is Best a 2 or 2 and Half full exhaust system?
    2" would be too small for a 1.8, VTEC or not. 2.25" minimum, or go 60mm (technically 2.37" but normally referred to as 2.5") max. If he's planning head work later down the track then go 60mm. My brother uses generic CAI, XForce 4-2-1 header with 2" outlet, Magnaflow 60mm high-flow cat and Fujitsubo Power Getter 60mm cat-back. The car sounds awesome and feels a lot better under throttle

Quote Originally Posted by Tegzieboi_BAR View Post
    Only some of the new Hondas (i believe the FD Civic and the V6 Accords) are made in Thailand.. moving the manufacturing to Thailand was pretty recent.
    I think the 1998 Accords were the last made in Japan. Pity...

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    2" would be too small for a 1.8, VTEC or not. 2.25" minimum, or go 60mm (technically 2.37" but normally referred to as 2.5") max. If he's planning head work later down the track then go 60mm. My brother uses generic CAI, XForce 4-2-1 header with 2" outlet, Magnaflow 60mm high-flow cat and Fujitsubo Power Getter 60mm cat-back. The car sounds awesome and feels a lot better under throttle

I think the 1998 Accords were the last made in Japan. Pity...
    So minimum of 60mm for B18? I'm planning on cams later on down the track in my B18c2... Want to make the right decisions now though.. Is your bros car droney/loud/annoying?
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    If u look at all (well, majority) Japanese manufactured exhaust systems for B-Series Hondas they are 60mm. This gives you the best of both worlds... low niose and low-end driveability... as well as decent midrange and top end. However on a track car you will find that 70mm will be more efficiaent as the car spends most of the time in its upper RPM range and obviously the slightly larger diameter yields better results in that regard but will be more sluggish down low.

Ive been running 60mm Fujitsubo RM01-A on my (internally standard) B18CR and i absolutely adore it! Perfect exhaust for street! I do intend on going up to 70mm on the new project car i'll be building as it will be track orientated and will have mild head work.

Ive read lots of US forums where the guys claim to get best results out of their B-Series motors with 3" (76mm) exhausts but i dont think im quite willing to try that, would not be able to start the car up without waking the neighbourhood.

Just remember that the cat-back wont perform at its best if its not supported by a good set of headers and a high-flow cat.
    Last edited by Tegzieboi_BAR; 04-02-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Getting there...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    So minimum of 60mm for B18? I'm planning on cams later on down the track in my B18c2... Want to make the right decisions now though.. Is your bros car droney/loud/annoying?

B18 - no head work = 2.25"
    If you're going to do head work go 60mm

The Fujitsubo Power Getter isnt droney or loud, but screams a fair deal when getting a squirt