Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro

Honda is doing a warrent fix on the water in my headlights !!

Heya guys.

just informing that i went to a Shellharbour honda down near wollongong and they checked out if my car is a recall for the moisture in the headlghts and it turns out depending on the VIN number that if your car can get fixed or not =D so if you got the moisture in the lamps just take it and get it check and you might get urs fixed too !

So yeh thats a good thing... now maybe they can fix a few more standard issues =P hehe
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Well done!Especially as your car is 6 yrs.old!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    ya huh =D i just said to them well i wasnt informed and i should have received a letter from honda australia saying i require this recall to be fixed...

and then they checked my info on the car and they still havent updated my info !! so i went off again saying this is the 3rd time ive updated that info lol =D

Was fun =D
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

They did the same with mine a month or so ago on my 04 Euro.

Thing is though, they just change the clips or whatever. They don't polish/clean your headlight casing, so mine is still foggy lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I got them opened up by a headlight company. Cleaned and resealed. No more fogging. I had x2 new headlights from honda due to the fogging up issue. It's just crap/missing sealant from factory - Needs to be redone.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    hey tknova,

was the place you had yours done in mentone?
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04AccordEuroCL9
    Thank you SO MUCH BraXta, I've just fixed my headlight today, which has bothered me from the first day I bought this car from my colleague.

After I read your post, I contacted Honda Australia via email, they've confirmed that my 04 Euro has an outstanding recall against this headlight issue (by my VIN of course).

First, I took my car to Hornsby Honda, they did what they supposed to do, added the missing clips to my headlight unit, to prevent water goes inside the headlight, and they've tried to use air gun to clean the moisture, BUT failed...

This is what happened on the first day with the missing clips on (2/2/2011).

Three days after (5/2/2011), my right hand side headlight is fine, but left hand side is still the same.

Hornsby Honda helped me to send these photos to Honda (headquarter? not sure) and they've agreed to replace a new set of headlight to me.

After 14 days.....everything got fixed! Free of charge (material & labour).
    VERY VERY HAPPY and PLEASED with Hornsby Honda services.

BIG thanks to BraXta and Hornsby Honda again.
    Last edited by KHCCHEN; 19-02-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    Quote Originally Posted by N3M3SIS View Post
    hey tknova,

was the place you had yours done in mentone?
    there is a place in moorabbin called headlights plus if i remember correctly. im having them do one of my headlights atm. (not honda euro but subaru tribeca). will see how good they resealed and headlights once i get them bak and let you guys know.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    woo i rule lol... my prob now is my globe popped... =( and im trying to put it on them because of the water >=)

hehe seee how i go =P
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added

abt to take my 03 in for service and I emailed one of the dealerships here in NSW.

they claim the only outstanding recall is the power hose.

does this sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by biee2 View Post
    there is a place in moorabbin called headlights plus if i remember correctly. im having them do one of my headlights atm. (not honda euro but subaru tribeca). will see how good they resealed and headlights once i get them bak and let you guys know.
    How did it turn out mate?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04AccordEuroCL9
    There is definitely an outstanding recall for the headlight, but its a while ago.
    You might want to contact Honda Australia instead of local dealership, see if they can help?