act hd 4puck clutch vs competition stage 5 clutch

hey guys, i've come down to these two clutches for my power application and just wondering which one of the two you guys would recommend? any experiences will be great cheers.
    DON'T GET RIPPED OFF DIY

anyone?
    DON'T GET RIPPED OFF DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    well first off what kind of motor is it? what application n/a or forced induction etc?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Thats some serious clutch! To have the need for that you'd have some hellish torque and 200kw @ wheels plus. Being both a 4 puk center you'd really need to look at the pressure plate rating to see what is different. I know with the competition clutch you have a choice of 2 pressure plates and sprung or unsprung center. I would have thought they would feel pretty similar, sprug center or not, both decent shudder on take off, little transition and slip and will bite hard - quickly. Un-sprung center would be a little more agressive, more shuddery again.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Why dont you go the Act 6puck with a max extreem pressure plate?
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    or just stuff the clutch off completely and have a welded shaft ...

basically man, dont get a clutch you dont need. the harsher the clutch you buy the harder it is too drive on the street. if you need a clutch that harsh then by all means go for it.
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    it would be interesting to see exactly what motor setup you are tlkaing about here, must be big power, or you must be looking at something that is way too serious for your application...

Remember, putting in a clutch this serious when it may be un-called for will cause other issues like wear to driveshafts, your gearbox, mounts, tyres etc etc if you are trying to use it on the street...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316