Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Integra

Question about the K20A3 (luxury DC5)

Hi, I am new to this forum, nice to meet you guys!

I currently live in Melbourne and due to the P-Plate power/weight ratio law, I bought a DC5 luxury version instead of the Type-R. I know that there are some differences between the JDM K20A, the Aus spec K20A and the K20A3 on my integra. I was just wondering if it is possible to convert (modify ECU, cams, etc) the K20A3 engine to regain the power of the Type-R engine since I would like to do that once I get off my Ps since I don't want to change car.

Thanks guys

To cut it short and sweet, the answer is nope.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

nope... ive got a k20a3 auto though
    and if you want power to be the same as type-r ...the only way is either turbo or a type-r head on the k20a3, it wont be the exact same as the type-r of course but it will still have more power over the k20a3

btw if your auto then theres no point in the type-r head [cant happen]

just go turbo, or if u want to have type-r power then go and get a k20a [jdm] or [ausdm] conversion into the dc5

more info at clubrsx.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by integraz
    and if you want power to be the same as type-r ...the only way is either turbo or a type-r head on the k20a3, it wont be the exact same as the type-r of course but it will still have more power over the k20a3

just go turbo, or if u want to have type-r power then go and get a k20a [jdm] or [ausdm] conversion into the dc5

more info at clubrsx.com
    thx for the info man, I drive a manual btw, going to pick up my DC5 tomorrow. I am going to enjoy the car with the extra power or not, so it is not so critical to get the modifications done. However, i would still like to add some under spoilers and side skirts on to "touch up" the stock look. Do you know some info about the pricing of these?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by integraz

more info at clubrsx.com
    Since when can you put a K20A head onto a A3 bottom? AFAIK the two engines are different inside.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNode
    Since when can you put a K20A head onto a A3 bottom? AFAIK the two engines are different inside.
    its been done in US, the hybrid forums in clubrsx

IWKYB: depends what your looking for? whole front bumper or lips
    but im guessin lips cuz i dont think u wanna go to extreme on you new car...btw is this the 05' model?
    approx price is $350 for a cwest lip...i think or $450
    maybe for the whole thing [ie,lip,side skirts, and rear lips]around $1200 not include painting
    but you could search around for used ones which are still good!

What about the i-VTEC on both intake and exhaust, which the K20A3 doesnt have?

Hrmmm I shall research this myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    F N Two
    in the end, it would be cheaper and easier to sell the car and buy yourself a used type R.

it's not just the engine thats different...

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    yes yes...not worth spending the $$$ on the k20a3
    both MrThanh and I have spent thousands upon thousands to just get the basic bits and well, i'm still not satisfied with my car...don't know about MrThanh tho...hehe

just keep the car as it is....get a few bits like the bodykit etc...but no point in touching the engine

Member Array
    Car:
    F N Two
    waaaay from it lol

money wise though, i think i am satisfied with the choices ive made. i've given up on buying any more crap for it.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by iwkyb
    Hi, I am new to this forum, nice to meet you guys!

I currently live in Melbourne and due to the P-Plate power/weight ratio law, I bought a DC5 luxury version instead of the Type-R. I know that there are some differences between the JDM K20A, the Aus spec K20A and the K20A3 on my integra. I was just wondering if it is possible to convert (modify ECU, cams, etc) the K20A3 engine to regain the power of the Type-R engine since I would like to do that once I get off my Ps since I don't want to change car.

Thanks guys
    You should have just got a type R. Theres millions of P plater type R drivers in Melbourne. Cops don't normally pick on type R drivers and if they do they dont go for power to wait ratio. Cops normally pick on the imported jap cars, typically turbos.