Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    and thats why i always go on about egs being sold without aircon. its a no brainer for me.
    anyway, my issue isnt it being not cold enough, its about how much my fuel economy goes to shit when i use it constantly everyday.
    as an example, i can usually get to about 300km and the needle gets halfway when i run the car without ac, but this past week, i jsut crept over 200km when i hit the halfway mark. a lot has to do with me having to rev the car more as the ac seems to sap power. but i think also with school going back, im sitting in traffic longer rather than in january when i had a clearer run in traffic. those r other factors that i have considered.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    yea, had my eg aircon all day today.. Had to go easterns subs then back.. To west

It helps tho but takes ages to for it jst to cool not cold..

Altho i rang up charlie at good performance.. To have it checked on monday if its running as it should.. Hope he does something to make it better and run efficient lol
    A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come. - Brainiac

Let us know Jase if he does improve it. I wonder what he has to say.
    I know our condensors are only half size. Every other car has a full condensor.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    yeah mine is crap - its a hard toss up wether to keep it or rip it out and juss use the windows

cleaning out the blower / filter helped a bit - i also put a bit of eucalyptus oil near the intake vents that seemed to clear out the system a bit too

you can also get better fans off ebay for the a/c core to help it a bit as well
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    yeah mine is crap - its a hard toss up wether to keep it or rip it out and juss use the windows

cleaning out the blower / filter helped a bit - i also put a bit of eucalyptus oil near the intake vents that seemed to clear out the system a bit too

you can also get better fans off ebay for the a/c core to help it a bit as well
    I know where the blower is but do we have a cabin filter?
    Im not talking about the "recirc" one either as I can see that one.

Good diagram to understand if anyone is curious

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    stop complaining that your ac in your egs are weak

i bet all the whingers havnt done anything about it, and no a service wont do the trick either

if you want ice cold ac like in my egs you will have to remove the dash clear the vent where air comes in for your blower as thats where it gets blocked, replace your blower box if it needs it ( you can use dc2r ones also) change all your o rings, get a new compressor and obviously have gas in the system

after you do that and it still isnt cold then you can have a whinge

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post

i bet all the whingers havnt done anything about it, and no a service wont do the trick either

if you want ice cold ac like in my egs you will have to remove the dash clear the vent where air comes in for your blower as thats where it gets blocked, replace your blower box if it needs it ( you can use dc2r ones also) change all your o rings, get a new compressor and obviously have gas in the system

LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post

well 90lan, if u could be so kind to do a proper diy on how to clean a/c, then it would be very much appreciatated..

Then none of us would whinge.
    A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come. - Brainiac

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    if you want to look after my boy and renovate my place i will do it for you for free
    go buy a manual and work it out yourself like i did

No need to remove the dash.. remove the glovebox, then remove the blower motor from the blower assembly by undoing 3 screws

take out the blower motor and empty out the leaves

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    honestly i dont really care that mine isnt that great lol
    if it gets any worse ill just rip it out
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680