Page 66 of 115 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667686976 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    changed my gear knob and vacuumed my car . that is all. needs exterior clean
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    Bought a handheld steamer ! finally steamed my SR4 Recaro's but to be honest , didnt do much . i need to buy a cleaning agent that'll clean them but not destroy them . vacuumed the inside and also wiped down the dash with UV protectant.

Now with the Recaros back in awhh my eg is slightly slower LOOL damn heavy seats .

also washed the car with 4 bucks from the carwash great day .
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyybruh View Post
    Bought a handheld steamer ! finally steamed my SR4 Recaro's but to be honest , didnt do much . i need to buy a cleaning agent that'll clean them but not destroy them . vacuumed the inside and also wiped down the dash with UV protectant.

Now with the Recaros back in awhh my eg is slightly slower LOOL damn heavy seats .

also washed the car with 4 bucks from the carwash great day .
    No need to steam alcantara seats.

Ttry get hold of some upholstery cleaner from an upholstery shop and give them a wipe down with a microfibre cloth every 2 weeks (I use one to apply and one to go over it) and give them a wipe down. Then give them a hit with the vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to 're-plush' the alcantara; and also to get rid of the 'crap' (eg sounds disgusting but dead skin, dust, pollutants from air when you drive with your windows down etc etc) that builds up on them every day and you should be fine
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    No need to steam alcantara seats.

Ttry get hold of some upholstery cleaner from an upholstery shop and give them a wipe down with a microfibre cloth every 2 weeks (I use one to apply and one to go over it) and give them a wipe down. Then give them a hit with the vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to 're-plush' the alcantara; and also to get rid of the 'crap' (eg sounds disgusting but dead skin, dust, pollutants from air when you drive with your windows down etc etc) that builds up on them every day and you should be fine
    yeah i was thinking of getting upholstery shit to give them a proper clean . their still in good condition but i wanna act on them early before stains become .. permanently stained !
    thanks for the advice , i vacuum them every week to try stop dust build up .

only thing that kills it the most is .

the rain .
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

I need to clean my Recaros too. I remember reading a good write-up about it, I'll try and find it

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    I need to clean my Recaros too. I remember reading a good write-up about it, I'll try and find it
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ket-seat/page2

could be others out there too...
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyybruh View Post
    yeah i was thinking of getting upholstery shit to give them a proper clean . their still in good condition but i wanna act on them early before stains become .. permanently stained !
    thanks for the advice , i vacuum them every week to try stop dust build up .

only thing that kills it the most is .

the rain .
    Yeh but don't get that foaming shit rubbish for alcantara I don't think the condition of them would be that bad! Plus I've seen a guy use that one on his.. think it was a VW Jetta or something... and he totally f*cked up the alcantara and the company wouldn't reimburse him because it said on the pack to try in a small area first before applying to seats incase alcantara went funny. Ouch.

Haha, keep your windows shut! LOL.

Funny because I hate driving with my windows up...even when it is raining! I just leave the back ones open a touch if it's not too bad hehe
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

lol thats my old thread, but that was about rebuilding Recaros with new foam and trims

Here it is, read this thread http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2821700

this dude had a set of Yellow, Red and Black SR3's that he cleaned. Looks mint

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    lol thats my old thread, but that was about rebuilding Recaros with new foam and trims
    Yeh I saved that one in my favourites lol
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

looks like ill be massaging the rear guards

DON'T GET RIPPED OFF DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    How are the fronts Anthony?

Too hot to do too much.. fitted EG6 plastic headlights but got carried away detailing the chassis with all the front end apart.
    Surprised how much lighter the plastc were versus oem glass lights but i forgot to weigh the eg6 lights before i put them on..and with the H4H bulbs MUCH better than the stock lights.
    Slapped on some rice, PWJDM fender bolts, battery tie, tow ring, shift boot and new bolts for my dizzy so it doesnt fall out again lol.