Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vtir 94'

Wink New to hondas' all round. need guidance on a b16head + b20 bottom end conversion.

I guess im new to hondas' and what not. coming out of a beemer affection, honda will have alot to live up too in terms of luxury etc. actually looking to sell it currently if anyones interested haha' 95' M3 replica. anywho,

looking to buy a 92' integra that comes with a b20 conversion already installed with skunk2 intake, custom manifold and hiflow cat etc, 18inch konigs, type R brakes, drilled + slotted rotors, coilover suspension.. and so on..

can someone guide me please on parts and time and labour needed (specifically any regular problems encountered on this endevour to i can tackle the problem when it arrises) on a B16A head with comp pistons,valves,springs etc. onto the B20 bottom end. also, Sourcing parts for this, eg golden eagle vtec conversion kit (read abit about it, dont compltetely understand it though, please speculate) Where do i get these from? and i need things like boot liner and wouldnt mind some blacked out headlights etc.

Please guide me!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vtir 94'
    also, im located in newcastle NSW, so if anyones near by with information or can help with the build, let me know

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    if this is jarrod strange from newy...then i know you..

anywayz Welcome to Ozhonda!
    you will find plenty of info on this site and dont forget that handy search button.
    now for a good b20vtec conversion your looking at around 5-7k with tune.
    theres a thread in the all motor section i think called the b20vtec disscussion thread.
    Welcome Abourd

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vtir 94'
    hey man, yeh its strangey haha. nah man dropping a b16a head setup complete, onto a non vtec B20 bottom end. the guy im grabbn it off's mate has done it, so it is do-able."apparently"

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    i knew it!! lols
    bout time you joined lols
    it is but yehh it is an expensive process...its about the same amount as doing a b18cr conversion....dc2r integra type r engine.
    but if its what you wanna do the page link is:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...cussion-thread

the person to ask is GSI_PSI
    his got a b20vtec and making around 125atw kws on base tune i think...
    he also has a very useful build thread...link:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...0VTEC-Build-up

but yehh thats should be all the info you need pretty much...i hope it helps mate

Sam
    Welcome Abourd

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vtir 94'
    thanks mate! ill have a look when i get home from work!

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    also theres a newy thread where all the newy member talk about their cars, organise upcoming events, kinda general chit chat...etc
    good bunch
    here's the link:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...*READ-RULES!**
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    Quote Originally Posted by integragsi96 View Post
    it is but yehh it is an expensive process...its about the same amount as doing a b18cr conversion....dc2r integra type r engine.

where did you get that from? any proof to back this up or you just pulling figures outta your arse Sam?

Question for OP: Why the B20? just want to know your reason for this conversion?
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    off topic.. but keen for pics of the beemer to see if ive seen it around newy/maitland area
    got gay k?

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    +1 for pics

jarrod, if you head into newy on a thursday night and see a white EG or a white EP3, flag us down.
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy_B View Post

where did you get that from? any proof to back this up or you just pulling figures outta your arse Sam?

Question for OP: Why the B20? just want to know your reason for this conversion?
    have you read the thread?
    if your gonna build a decent b20vtec with all good parts and not cheap shit it can get towards 5-7k easy.
    also including port and polishing, referb and shaving head, bottom end rebuild with good parts...
    yes you can do it cheap for about 2-4k...
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    sam, 5-7k is a good price for any build. Thats not over budget. But thats a fully worked b20. put the same money into a b18cr and see the results. Plus type r motors are still pricey, so you could be looking at 4k + just for motor.
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."