Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I found premium 100 octane fuel in nsw!

I found a place to buy Premium 100 octane fuel. 140 Flushcombe Rd
    BLACKTOWN NSW 2148. Its a United Petroleum station, close to Eastern Creek. We tested it out in my mates car, I wasnt there when he was buying it so I dont know the price. I'd say it makes the car heaps more zippy and rev happy. Try it. My friend also says a full tank lasts longer, dont know about that though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    really? i thought 100RON was no longer in existance lol

I remember when shell brought out 100, sales of it was so poor, it wasnt in for very long, i cant say it makes much difference for any ADM cars, but the JDM imports, loved that stuff, since there cars was tuned for it, but at least its that much more resistance to pinging
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Do you know what's in the fuel? Could it just be 98 with some ethanol boosting the octane? Would be interesting to know!!

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    does your mate happen to drive an ep3?

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Id like to know what the car is as well. Because the vast majority of cars will not advance the timing in response to the extra knock resistance and so the only thing you feel is placebo effect.
    Hard economy numbers over a long time is the only way to tell, even then it doesnt really because there are so many variables.
    The facts are that unless the fuel itself just so happens to contain more energy than 98 or even 95 then you wont get better economy or power.
    The only thing you pay for is "extra detergents" in things like BP ultimate.

According to wikipedia - United Petroleum sells 100 RON unleaded fuel (10% ethanol content) at a small number of its service stations (originally only two, but it has now expanded to 19 outlets).

My friend drives a black DC5R.

Those are interesting and true facts you brought up Gumus89. But lets say the car had an aftermarket ecu like a KPRO, that can detect the extra knock resistance and advance timing. Cause my friend does have one, and maybe thats why I can feel the "extra ompf'. I'd imagine all recent cars with their ecu's would be able to advance timing especially Honda's because Japanese petrol is 100RON

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    noob question, doesnt the B-series an K-series have knock sensors? If so, than it should auto adjust timing for the fuel id think so

i remember when my brother had his skyline, an used shell 100RON, really made a difference, power wise, on the dyno was run in at 194kw@100RON vs 184kw@98RON

Only reason i can really see ppl paying extra for 100 is if the car was tuned on 100RON or the vehicle was factory tuned on 100RON

If the car is getting more outta a tank means, its running leaner on a daily basis, so it might be a bad thing lol, id rather a car run richer than leaner, but i wouldnt know for sure, maybe it is getting more kms but not have any side effects
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

What type of dyno graph was it mugen_ctr? Cause some dynos are more ... sensitive then others? I know a dyno dynamics would measure my mates car at 183 atw approx, and another at Bels Garage, I dont know the name of it, would put him upwards of 200 atw.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    This is sick I always drive past that area but never actually stopped and fueled up lol! My cars getting used to 98 OCT needs another reason to be happy

Quote Originally Posted by blastnpast View Post
    This is sick I always drive past that area but never actually stopped and fueled up lol! My cars getting used to 98 OCT needs another reason to be happy
    Tell us how you go with the fuel. Do you have an aftermarket ecu? cause it'd be interesting to see if a stock ecu can sense the change and advance timing.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    Tell us how you go with the fuel. Do you have an aftermarket ecu? cause it'd be interesting to see if a stock ecu can sense the change and advance timing.
    Stock ECU will let u know how I go when I need to fuel
    Up again

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Even the H22 has knock sensors. But that only means that if you run lower than 95 and ping it will retard the timing. It will not advance it.
    I would hazard a guess and say the car doesnt advance the timing until it knocks every time you run the car to "sense" its RON. I am interested to learn how they actually detect it when they are able.

Someone said that Japanese cars may be able to do it because they run 100 RON over there... Well the fact is that unless its an import the cars have different ECUs and certainly have different tune states between domestic markets.
    So unless it specifically can adjust itself to make use of it, 100 RON wont help. Especially 100 RON made of 10 percent ethanol, as it actually has less energy per litre than normal petrol.

Its very difficult to look at a dyno figure and take it as fact because they are actually very imprecise as well as inaccurate. Even back to back tests arent very reliable due to heaps of variables.