oxygen sensor issue need help

i have a 2002 ep3 and the engine light came on so i ran it down to my mates at honda and the ran a test and the said the oxygen sensor is f$%ked ... and ep3 type r has 2 what one do i order one has a long lead and one has a short lead are they the same..
    regards brad

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    your mates at Honda should of told you which sensor it was as their diagnotic tool should have told them.

They aren't the same. Most cars run a pre and post cat 02 sensor. The job of the second one is to make sure the cat is working. The first one is used for mixture preparation. You will need to find out which one is at fault. The only thing you can check yourself is the signal voltage(5v when open connector), the heater voltage (12v) and both the earths. You better hope they all show up ok or you have big issues.

Testing the 02 sensors is abit more of a job.

changed them both out and the lighht andd fault still stands booked in next week $$$$ could it be the coolent temp sensor ????

Are you sure its not a bad ground somewhere along the line (possibly at the ECU) as opposed to a faulty sensor

The 02 sensors generally earth back through the ECU, get them to erase the faults and carry out a readiness code(not sure what honda will call it). It's basically a system check of all the emissions equipments.