Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

New Race Series in UK: The Buddy Club Civic Cup

Last edited by jdm_b16a; 05-02-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    oh my - now why dont we have that over here??
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 05-02-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    oh my - now why dont we have that over here??
    I'd say, probably, cost of building, maintaining and running a series.

You'd have to set it up with rules and regulations under CAMS, with a category manager, technical experts and scrutineering people to check all cars comply.

Even if competitors build their own cars, they couldn't do it for the money these cars are being offered. Check the specs - what you get for six thousand pounds!

But it would be nice to have such a series including all Civics from say 1989 to 2000 but all with the same spec built engines, possibly a B18C

Peter

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    But it would be nice to have such a series including all Civics from say 1989 to 2000 but all with the same spec built engines, possibly a B18C

Peter
    it would make more sense to use B16a because that was the engine intended for the civic - the B18c was intended for the integra chassis

with the amount of knowledge people have on hondas i dont think scrutineers would be too hard to find lol

imagine a series specifically for 89-2000 civics with say 60-90kw class, 90-120kw class and 120-160kw class

it would be interesting to truley pitch the different chassis against eachother
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    imagine a series specifically for 89-2000 civics with say 60-90kw class, 90-120kw class and 120-160kw class

it would be interesting to truely pitch the different chassis against each other
    I agree 100%

Peter

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    i think its been going for a year now.

i think its like 10k to buy a car, prepped and ready.

they have also started a new Honda cup this year as well which is pretty cool
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    theres one on ebay atm for sale $16,000
    . h i t o r i k o .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 ek4
    Last edited by ekfour97; 07-02-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Hi Bruces and sheilas,

The Civic Cup is a heavily subsidised series, where all the cars are the same built by us, and the sponsors contribute half the cost (£12,000)to build against media coverage and magazine exposure every month following the series. This gets the drivers a 180bhp /970kg car for half price. ALL the same spec and all the same speed(nearly) so its down to the driver.
    Someone down under should organise the same style of concept.

pohm..

Thats awesome Peter, and hi to the Pohm hahahaha, maybe Buddy Club should sell some nice Hi-Def DVD's to those of us down in the Antipodes???? be great to see video of this in action, Cheers Chris
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyclub uk View Post
    Hi Bruces and sheilas,

The Civic Cup is a heavily subsidised series, where all the cars are the same built by us, and the sponsors contribute half the cost (£12,000)to build against media coverage and magazine exposure every month following the series. This gets the drivers a 180bhp /970kg car for half price. ALL the same spec and all the same speed(nearly) so its down to the driver.
    Someone down under should organise the same style of concept.

pohm..
    Hey, great to hear from you. A series like this would be difficult to set up here mainly because our sanctioning body, CAMS, is very 'tight' when it comes to another race series. Competing classes here would be Improved Production (lots of Hondas run in the Under 2 Litre class) and Combined Touring (a couple of Integras run in this).

However, I agree. I think we could get this up and running but it would require similar involvement as you have in the UK. That is, someone like Buddy Club sponsoring it and some commercial partners.

I personally would like to see it restricted to ED, EG and EK models, with one class (everyone has similar spec engine say B18C or even B16A to keep initial costs down) and lighter chassis have ballast, so everyone is same track weight.

Anyone up for it?

Competitors?
    Sponsors?
    Commercial Partners?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 25-03-2011 at 01:54 PM.

There are already some nice vids of us in action in Uk,Malasia and Thailand, on www.buddyclub.eu
    and also Vimeo a lap of Brands Hatch in our 305bhp NA Championship Winning Time Attack DC5 car 1.

and here this one is a corker of Nippon Challenge Series, getting a bad start but lining up and moving through the field to take GT250 Class Honours again in car 2.

Happy viewing.

G-day Peter, Wish you luck with the race series, its Blaady hard organising it and everyone wants their own way. :lol:
    Last edited by buddyclub uk; 25-03-2011 at 05:57 PM.