Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    HI guys,

How about this look, i just modify the picture in paint with red line as the grill and blue line as the headlinghts? Does this look propotion? Why Honda can't make like this way of nice looking?
    Then they'll either look like Mercedes or Lexus LS series sadly

The guys at mugen know their stuff, look their kit, note how the grill follows the 'kink' of the headlight
    Last edited by Fredoops; 07-02-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    If you look both Lexus and Merc, pretty much same shape.. Why can't honda do same way of design like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    the acura with the chome mustache and more rounded foglight spacings is much better imo.
    Are you on drugs when you said this?

The one that attract me most when I purchase a CU2 is the front grill and the sporty looks. CL9 is like an oldie-person car for me (er... yeah same as my current car ). But to think that there's a person out there that says TSX grille is better...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    OK, Back from work.... I dont have an art degree so explaning the issue with the front grill might take a while... so bare with me.

Now Look at the picture below, i've made a few markings.

Notice the RED line running below the head lights to the centre of the car, you see the grill is bascially a continuation of the line below the light perfectly, this i believe is honda trying to get this whole "angular" styling working.

However. the headlight was not a full flat shape, but the edge of the headlight towards the grill has a "kink" in it. See the area indicated by the BLUE lines. it effectively made the headlight very narrow on the inner edge, so you have part of the headlight connecting with the grill and the bottom which isnt connected with the grill. The flow of the angular shape is borken, it's made worse by the size of the grill, which is you see the black line's i've pointed out, it's full 1/2 of the height of the front bumper. That wouldn't be bad if the proportion is good.... but it isnt. the headlights for the CU2 are thin and narrow, the grill is huge and bulky. a stark contrast, and not a good contrast at that.

Lots of cars have large sized front grills, like Mercedes, but they have large headlights to complement it, this one doesnt. This is like someone with a very narrow eye but a HUGE nose, and a shinny nose at that.
    Looking at the modulo grill, the lines fit this logic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modulo grill..jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	17712  

Member Array
    Car:
    Polo GTi
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you drive 20,000km a year, then that is 1400L of 91RON or $1820 if the price was $1.30 per litre. In comparison, the CU2 would use 2000L of fuel for the same distance and if it was $1.45 per litre for 95RON, then it will cost $2900. So the difference in a year is $1080. For some people that is a lot of money, and for others, that is nothing compared to their ciggie cost (4 packs per week, $15 a pack = $3120).
    Good point +1! lol

But I guess the thing people have to consider is -> you're paying extra for more luxury and power...if you're willing to pay an extra 5-10kfor that then you "should" be willing to fork out the extra $1k a year :P

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post

The one that attract me most when I purchase a CU2 is the front grill and the sporty looks. CL9 is like an oldie-person car for me (er... yeah same as my current car ). But to think that there's a person out there that says TSX grille is better...
    i LOL'd...I concur...the TSX grille gives me the shivers just looking at it =\
    Last edited by Kwangstuhhh; 08-02-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2
    My personal taste = Full Module Kit

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    ^ nuf said

lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    tHE HEADLIGHTS make the Euro look unique,and BETTER than all of its competitors.

Also much sportier than the CL9.

I hope Honda does NOT change that,it will then look like the front of every other mid sized sedan in the world...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post

Each to their own mate.
    The chrome bit breaks the grill up. so it appears narrower, an the chrome bit can be easily replaced with other things (like body color panel/CF/Aluminum etc)

Good point +1! lol

But I guess the thing people have to consider is -> you're paying extra for more luxury and power...if you're willing to pay an extra 5-10kfor that then you "should" be willing to fork out the extra $1k a year :P
    If that is true then no one would be buying i-DTEC Accords in Europe (which outsells petrol 4 to 1 or something), and Honda wouldn't be selling accords in Europe with a 2.0 Liter as standard

The point I was trying to make.... *If* the USDM TSX can match the AUDM Accord in power/output while using 91 RON... Then why dont we get the same spec, was it a marketing ploy?
    Sorry to sound like a skeptic but Honda Australia's been ripping consumers off on parts etc for the last X number of years they've been here.

Besides.... $1000 is like... a crap load of carbon offsets.

Considering the US uses AKI instead of RON I suspect it's a moot point.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 08-02-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    The point I was trying to make.... *If* the USDM TSX can match the AUDM Accord in power/output while using 91 RON... Then why dont we get the same spec, was it a marketing ploy?
    Sorry to sound like a skeptic but Honda Australia's been ripping consumers off on parts etc for the last X number of years they've been here.

Besides.... $1000 is like... a crap load of carbon offsets.

Considering the US uses AKI instead of RON I suspect it's a moot point.
    same engine same fuel mate. The last CL9 in the states had a different engine than ours, well the head with bigger valves anyway. The output was the same as the CU2's is now. They were crying that their CU2 had no power increase lol!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Another point that I remember about the minimum 95 RON for our Euro is when the "pinging" issue just out. Honda Oz (or Jap) quickly assumes that its caused by our "bad quality" 95 RON and ask us (who complaints to the dealer) to refuel with 98 RON...

If TSX can use 91, then perhaps people who build TSX is "smarter" than the one who built CU2?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    If TSX can use 91, then perhaps people who build TSX is "smarter" than the one who built CU2?[/QUOTE]

Denny, I thought our Accord Euro CU2 and Acura TSX is excatly the same identical body and engine, except the badge is different.. I do believe they both build in same factory and badge is different..

May be the Ron 91 petrol in USa is equal to our RON 98 fuel in Australia?