Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Another point that I remember about the minimum 95 RON for our Euro is when the "pinging" issue just out. Honda Oz (or Jap) quickly assumes that its caused by our "bad quality" 95 RON and ask us (who complaints to the dealer) to refuel with 98 RON...
    If TSX can use 91, then perhaps people who build TSX is "smarter" than the one who built CU2?
    Typical Honda, blame the users. Considering the WHOLE WORLD had the issue back in 09.... Then almost 2 yrs later they decide to do a recall...

PS: it is known that Acura TSX can use 87AKI octane rating fuel (considering that is mid-grade in the states) which translates to 9 RON (some people claimed it helped with the 'pinging' back in 2009...), since USA don't really get 98 RON fuel. 95RON/91 AKI is about as high as you go Premium wise. So *IF* the engines are indeed identical between Acura and Honda Euro... then you "should" be able to use our 91RON petrol on our Euros.

This leads me to another point, assuming the engine tune between TSX and Euro are the same. then We in Australia should get no benefit whatsoever from 98ron Premium fuel, since the engine is only tuned for 95? So When HONDA AUSTRALIA told us to use 98 instead of 95... didnt they actually made the matter worse?

Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    If TSX can use 91, then perhaps people who build TSX is "smarter" than the one who built CU2?

Denny, I thought our Accord Euro CU2 and Acura TSX is excatly the same identical body and engine, except the badge is different.. I do believe they both build in same factory and badge is different..

May be the Ron 91 petrol in USa is equal to our RON 98 fuel in Australia?
    US uses AKI rating. so their 91 AKI Octane = 95 RON Australia

I think it will be VERY interesting when (not an IF since he's from the Corn-Ethanol Heart Land) Obama Mandates Ethanol (E15 or E20 or something) across the states..
    Last edited by Fredoops; 09-02-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Another point that I remember about the minimum 95 RON for our Euro is when the "pinging" issue just out. Honda Oz (or Jap) quickly assumes that its caused by our "bad quality" 95 RON and ask us (who complaints to the dealer) to refuel with 98 RON...

1: it's the same car, different interior trim.
    2: our fuel is shit. Their 91 = our 95 when measured in our way. They use Ron + mon / 2. We just use Ron. Mon is always lower than Ron.
    We don't need 98 octane fuel, we just need better quality fuel. Our 98 is better quality than our 95. My car runs fine on 95 by the way...
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    2: our fuel is shit. Their 91 = our 95 when measured in our way. They use Ron + mon / 2. We just use Ron. Mon is always lower than Ron.
    We don't need 98 octane fuel, we just need better quality fuel. Our 98 is better quality than our 95. My car runs fine on 95 by the way...
    Funny you said that, I was looking the other day and apparently a good bulk of Australian fuel is refined in Singapore... that's a like a week of transport away.
    I heard that refined petrol is like milk, it goes off with time... by the time we get it in the pumps, it's like a month old aint it?
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Did you notice our same car with Acura TSX badge is selling for 29500 us$ in USA, which is close to Lexus IS250 32000 us$ and BMW 3 series or merc around close to US$34000... here subaru liberty is pretty much close to our Euro price in Australia, however in USA subaru legacy(same liberty) is selling for 21000 US$..

What i am saying is the same car accord euro cu2 compare here with mid size normal sedan like subaru liberty, mazda 6 and price is pretty much same as them. However in USA the same car with acura badge compare and selling close to the price of lexus is250, BMW 3 series, Audi A4...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Did you notice our same car with Acura TSX badge is selling for 29500 us$ in USA, which is close to Lexus IS250 32000 us$ and BMW 3 series or merc around close to US$34000... here subaru liberty is pretty much close to our Euro price in Australia, however in USA subaru legacy(same liberty) is selling for 21000 US$..

What i am saying is the same car accord euro cu2 compare here with mid size normal sedan like subaru liberty, mazda 6 and price is pretty much same as them. However in USA the same car with acura badge compare and selling close to the price of lexus is250, BMW 3 series, Audi A4...
    And Audi A4 is bascially a VW Jetta or something.
    Some Lexus is basically a Toyota Camry or Landcrusier underneath

It's Badge engineering 101.
    Nothing new there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    And Audi A4 is bascially a VW Jetta or something.
    Some Lexus is basically a Toyota Camry or Landcrusier underneath

It's Badge engineering 101.
    Nothing new there.
    hangon so A4 is based on VW jetta? I know lexus is a luxuary version of Toyota like acura from Honda.. So why those badge people pay more..

Seems only unique one is BMW and Mercedes.... One thing is true when you see the EUro cu2 either base model or luxuary model, you can say it looks more like a luxuary car design.

I don't know why subaru don't want to compete with the luxuary market..they still unique with the all wheel drive..

BTW, does your CL9 got electric steering or hydrolic steering. CU2 got electric steering

Member Array
    Car:
    Polo GTi
    hangon so A4 is based on VW jetta? I know lexus is a luxuary version of Toyota like acura from Honda.. So why those badge people pay more..

Seems only unique one is BMW and Mercedes.... One thing is true when you see the EUro cu2 either base model or luxuary model, you can say it looks more like a luxuary car design.

I don't know why subaru don't want to compete with the luxuary market..they still unique with the all wheel drive..

BTW, does your CL9 got electric steering or hydrolic steering. CU2 got electric steering
    Never going to buy an Audi A4 after I drove a "new" hired one when I was down in Melbourne...the CU2 seriously sHxxs all over the A4 lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    HI guys,

How about this look, i just modify the picture in paint with red line as the grill and blue line as the headlinghts? Does this look propotion? Why Honda can't make like this way of nice looking?
    the missing corner in the blue highlight for the headlights is an intentional representation of hawk eye.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hawk_eye..jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	523.5 KB 
ID:	17749

much like angular eye browes represent 'intent' ......the eye browe headlight theme are used often on the c-class mers.........and running lights on Audi A5 platforms are directed in the same marketing space.

I wish the dam thing was 150-200kg lighter.............
    Last edited by MKI4EVA; 11-02-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Polo GTi
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA View Post
    the missing corner in the blue highlight for the headlights is an intentional representation of hawk eye.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hawk_eye..jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	523.5 KB 
ID:	17749

much like angular eye browes represent 'intent' ......the eye browe headlight theme are used often on the c-class mers.........and running lights on Audi A5 platforms are directed in the same marketing space.

I wish the dam thing was 150-200kg lighter.............
    Totally agree with the 150-200kg lighter thing haha

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]

Correction, the Audi A4 uses the Volkswagen Group B platform, it's the B8 platform to be exact, which is an modified VW Passat platform, and they share the engines.
    Audi A3 is using the Golf platform as we all know.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Hey Praj, you can't compare what we pay compared to USA. It'll only get you wild.
    Evo's are $30k, 370z's are $35k, GTR's are $70k over there.....
    No f***ing way would I be driving a CU2 if we had the same pricing as USA, that is for certain.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Thats correct mate, if i were in USA, i would definately go with Lexus IS250 than going for Acura tsx for sure