Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Buddyclub Spec III cams

Hey everyone.

I have a question of which I am having trouble getting a definite answer to...

Can these cams be dropped straight in to my car and go? My car is a DC2 VTiR. the cams are similar to type r cams but only a little bit bigger.

Buddyclubs website says "direct bolt on" and mentions nothing about tuning being required. I do understand that to get power out of these cams I will have to tune, but the tunings gonna be done at TODA which is in sydney, and won't happen for a while. So I wanna get them in the car before I drive there.

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/cams/cams_1.html

I've searched here on OH and some people say you can just put them in, but then again I've read that if you put cams in your car without tune, it'll actually run worse...

I've purchased B18C ITR valve springs to go with them, and I'm having my valve seals done in two weeks, so I'm hoping to be able to do seals, cams and springs all at once to reduce costs.

The thing that sucks is that I emailed buddyclub international twice and they refuse to give me any info whatsoever because I didn't buy the cams from one of their dealers. WTF.

Anyway any and all info is welcome, and if it's helpful, then rep +1 for you!

Thanks!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    as long as you have the itr springs they will drop straight in and your car will run fine. to get maximum power out of them it will need a tune.
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay
    is it still a drop in even if u dont have itr springs?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    well they're supposed to peak at 8500, and vti-r redlines at 8000 :S
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Then fuel cut will be slightly over 8000, like 8200? So another 300 RPM will be fine I should think (post-tune). When you're aiming for 500 or 1000 more than your OEM limit then I think you should address things like bolts/studs and things like that.

Have you considered retainers? Here's an article with Bisimoto explaining the use of valve springs and retainers. It's a good read and I'm not smart enough to summarise it for you.

You'll probably get a small power boost, more power from tune, and it might (?) run a little rich in the meantime.

Also, with valve spring length, don't they need to be individually measured up to match the head? My builder organised this when I got my brand new Supertech valve springs.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ok so thats good, it's looking like this is all going to work out nicely.

thanks for your input dougie!

yeah I have thought about retainers but the valve springs I'm using are only a touch up in strength then my stock ones, so i figure that the B18C2 retainers should be fine. this is my theory anyway. also I wanna stick with oem ones cause I've been told by a few that titanium ones wear out quite a lot quicker. strangely..

in terms of valve spring length and compatibility, are you sure that will need doing in this case? I mean they are both oem components and I've read in a bunch of places just recently that the ITR and VTi-R valve springs are compatible without modification, apparently along with most of the head components too?

I probably didn't have to buy them but for $100 i figured it was a precaution worth taking if I'm gonna rev to 8500RPM. (once tuned anyway)

those are what I reckon anyway, if I'm actually wrong please tell me haha, I'm still keen to learn more about all this stuff.

keep em coming guys the more info the better!
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 07-02-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    as a user of spec3+ cams, straight drop in didn't do much
    different story after a proper tune and dialing in the cam gears to go with

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    thats cool, as long as they will be fine to put straight in for now.

thanks man
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    hey dougie i tried to rep you but nothing happens when i click it
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Keep trying? hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yea idk whats going on, i tried it just then and i tried it on the work computer the other day and no matter what i click it once, nothing happens. i click it again and it says "you must spread some rep around before blah blah blah blah".

:S
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    ^ thats because youve repped him not long ago, you have to rep more people before you can rep him again
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316