Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV sports 2001

new member and 2001 honda crv member

Hi everyone
    I have just bought a honda crv sports the other week and I love it until I read about the problems,can other others please re assure me that i have done the right thing........from the log book the car has been serviced at the right times and the car is immaculate.
    I am concerned about the comments people have made about the valves......how can I tell that the need re adjusting??? Can i just tell by driving it the other day it drove very rough and I tookm it back to hOnda in Newcastle and they said it was the spark plugs and then replaced them and now it drived great,but is this the start of the valve prob??
    Also the air con prob....is this common with all crv's or just some as the compresser was just checked but again by honda .......so i am concerned........that they may have just said that.
    I love my car and as a previous holden astra owner I dont want any probs like that again as that car was so bad......but then again heoas of people own them and never had a prob.......so I am hoping the crv probs are not for all of them.....and if so how do i prevent $$$$$ repairs.

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or replies

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Which Astra did you have ???

I had a late 2000 Olympic edition sedan,which proved to be a lemon.

I have now owned 7 cars,all from new,and this has been my worst.

I am sure that your Honda CRV will be very much BETTER...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV sports 2001
    HI Antony
    I had a 2001 Astra and everyhting that could have gone wrong did.............timing belt,air conditioner,rough idling,ignition problems,fuses...............it cost us a fortune hence getting rid of it and if you read other forums about astras they all have had major probs............but like i said i have had friends with astras and never had a prob...................but i do love my crv......just worried know about there known probs i just want to avoid them if i can....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 Integra
    welcome to ozhonda buddy

welcome! Nothings wrong with your car, if the mecho said its the spark plugs all is good.
    If you want to avoid any problems always service your car every 10,000ks. Frequently check everything, OIL, clutch/brake fluid, coolant etc.
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I had the same things go wrong with my Astra,but luckily I had an extended warranty,and they paid for everything.,,

My next door neighbour has a 2001 CD sedan,and nothing has gone wrong......