Car handling has become worse

My prelude 3rd gen's handling has seemed to become worse lately, understeer's heaps badly compared to before. Is it because I don't have a wheel alignment? or could something have gone wrong?

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    how are the tyres?

tyres are like 90%

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    what brand/quality etc are the tyres - how long since the springs/shocks were checked? do you have front and rear swaybars? have you modified the car at all?

need more information
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Firenza St05's or something like that.
    I put in king springs about 4-5 months ago and everything was going good, shocks still seem okay. Other then that nothing has really been done, the car has a stock rear sway bar, not too sure about the front. But yeah it seems as if the car doesn't handle as good as it used to.

King Springs is a big no no, i suspect you're prob suffering a bit of sag in your springs.

Go Tein S-Tech's next time

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    agreed - king springs are crap - they have probably sagged and are now also effecting ur shocks
    i found that they gave an inconsistant spring rate and height in all 4 points of the subaru i put them on after about 5months

opt for Tein S-Techs instead - they are cheap on USA ebay
    try putting in a front strut brace as well - will help
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Excellent advice Saint, that would be about right then cause OP had them on his car for 5 months and now realising that it's screwing up!
    Last edited by NightKids; 08-02-2011 at 09:23 PM.

ahh cool, cheers for the help guys.

Have you checked your tyre pressures?
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    guys, really, king springs arent that bad.

its just that everybody gives them a bad name because they commonly get used on sacked commodores with sick gangster lean.

Theyre the biggest spring manufacturer in Aus, and have been around for like, 30 years. Pretty sure they know what they are doing.

What i think is happening is a combination of the following:

1. Lowered springs on stock stocks is bad. theyll slowly die, and even if the "appear" fine, they could be fcuked.
    2. If you dont always check your tyre pressures, then thats bad. They slowly seep air, and need to be refilled often.
    3. Maybe get a wheel alignment. In an old car, things arent as tight as they are from the factory, and can move around.
    to see all of my build, checkout