Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesEK1 View Post
    I would expect the shine to last a pretty long time depending on how often you wash your car - and when you do if you use a spounge, brush or just hose off etc.

You can maintain the shine using a instant detailer like "final inspection". It's great to keep in the car and is only about $15 a bottle. Takes about 10min to do the whole car - just spray on and wipe off with a microfiber cloth.

Watajk good point. I havn't had that problem but i will definatly monitor it in the future. I would imagine using a good quality cloth would reduce/stop putting swirls of your own in the paint (hence why i only use soft microfiber)

Cant go wrong with any Auto-Glym product. They have a final step which is about $60 for a small bottle. You gotta let it sit on the car for a few house. It's potent as but leaves an amazing finish. A friend does it on his black clubsport regulary and that car looks immaculate in any condition and when ever I see it lol.
    One of the things we knows' is, never use a sponge. Period.

JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Smile

So do u first add the Colour restore or scratch remover then wipe it off. and after u apply Auto-Glym Resin Polish and wipe that of at last? Or is it like add the Colour restore or scratch remover and without wiping and apply the Auto-Glym Resin Polish ontop of the scratch remover and at the end scrub it all off?

Sorry I'm really new into this

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaGee View Post
    So do u first add the Colour restore or scratch remover then wipe it off. and after u apply Auto-Glym Resin Polish and wipe that of at last? Or is it like add the Colour restore or scratch remover and without wiping and apply the Auto-Glym Resin Polish ontop of the scratch remover and at the end scrub it all off?

Sorry I'm really new into this
    Ensure your paint is clean, if you don't regularly wash or detail hit it with a clay bar first.

Apply ColorX, allow to haze. Swipe your finger along the product and if the streak is clean you are ready to buff off.
    Buff all the ColorX off using a microfibre towel.

Do the same with the Auto Glym.

I would suggest using Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection to finish off also.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Also try and do this in the shade guys, you don't want to be polishing or waxing in direct sunlight as some products can become very hard to get off when the surface is hot.

+1 rep for the OP
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda 3 + Honda Odyssey
    too bad the products you are using are just Fillers and just hide the issue for a few months...

I use to get my products from supercheap/repco etc.. i found that you can get MUCH better quality products for around the same price, if not a little more(cost more but somehow, the bottle/tin lasts longer since you don't need to use as much)

If you want the finish to be low maintenance and long lasting- might as well do it properly

1. Wash + decomtamination (wash as normal --> claybar )

2. paint cleaner with slight abrasives if your not polishing your car (like Dodo lime prime)

3. polish- using abrasive polishes. Menzerna 106FF works well. Finalinspection.com.au have a great range as well & their forum has years of knowledge.

4. alcohol wipedown to get rid of any oils etc

5. Sealant- Preferably synthetic. There are many on the market from Duragloss clear coat polish to Final Inspection Seal. Its a base coat to your hard work.

6. (optional) waxes -also sealants, but are natural. Natural Carnauba usually brings out the depth and colour of the paint- Synthetic sealants are generally quite sterile in their look. Very glossy but not as much pop. However, modern sealants are closing the gap... (tried Final Inspection Dark matter and its quite amazing)

places i usually get my stuff:
    www.carcareproducts.com.au www.finalinspection.com.au & http://www.reflecteffect.com.au/
    Last edited by MZ3; 22-03-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM888
    Quote Originally Posted by MZ3 View Post
    too bad the products you are using are just Fillers and just hide the issue for a few months...
    That may be the case but I doubt the average member here wants to spend over $40 for a product.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda 3 + Honda Odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesEK1 View Post
    That may be the case but I doubt the average member here wants to spend over $40 for a product.
    Fair enough..

my car is 5 years old now.. i've spent probably $200~$300 which i still have HEAPS of left over product (and thats not really alot compared to detail fanatics)

eg: Mothers Carnauba wax~ $26 from the shops. it would last me.. maybe 6 months..around 6~7 applications
    Bought P21s Concours for $60 around 4 years ago.... done at least 50~60 applications.. theres still 20% left in the tin.. only reason why i don't use it is because im lazy and im using really good synthetic sealants which just sheet water off ur car..

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM888
    Ahhh yep.

Mothers has some good products.

I prefer the autoglym for value for
    Money and ease of use.

I do rate the mothers clay bar though. Maguires I tend to only use the tech wax now.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    What a hectic DIY!!