Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic b18c

EG Civic Cold Air Intake

are all cold air intakes the same or does branding really matter now?

ive found pipes + filters on ebay for like $40aus and then AEM pipes for $230aus then the Injen for $300aus.

would it be better to just get the cheaper piping then just bolt on my k&n instead?

your car has a b18c according to your details ? Get as long as possible intake arm...such as a injen - you can opt for a no name or proper pod on the end - makes a nice noise in vtec and proven to make the most midrange gains. ( its very very small tho ! Mostly noise )

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic b18c
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    your car has a b18c according to your details ? Get as long as possible intake arm...such as a injen - you can opt for a no name or proper pod on the end - makes a nice noise in vtec and proven to make the most midrange gains. ( its very very small tho ! Mostly noise )
    so just bascially go for the no name with a good podfilter, as long as possible?

yes. Its been tested that no-name pod filters are similar if not as good as top of the range filters. If its a folded mesh style ( like a k+n) use a k+n cleaner/oiler kit on it once in awhile to keep it clean. The length of the intake arm is important....more street worthy gains on a longer pipe than a short pipe

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i usually make custom kits with cheaper parts but than use a quality pod filter like Fujita
    thats just me though
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I'm the same as Saint. Get some 3" aluminium pipe and the rubber angle/bends to make it fit. Then use a 3A Racing or Fujita pod.

I wouldn't spend $300-400 on a CAI.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ur just paying for the name.... thats all

hey dougie, know where to source cheap metal pipes an rubber angles? super cheap auto cost an arm an leg for some silicon benders... same deal with auto barn lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah it's BS expensive. Honestly I'd just get an ebay intake and swap out the filter, they're very cheap. Just make sure it's 3" piping

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    the Fujita kit for Dc2 is amazing - but the same thing for EG civic sux balls - so its hit and miss
    they make an amazing filter tho

so far i have made custom kits using this filter for a Ford FG Xr6, Nissan NX Sr20DE, CRX Del Sol, Toyota Corolla Sportivo facelift and a Impreza RX (n/a 2.5ltr) and they all worked out great

the simota whale intake is stil the best bang for buck around - $120 shipped of ebay - u cant go wrong lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic b18c
    in regards to chasis wise, much difference between CAI for DC2's & EG's??

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah they're different.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    the Fujita kit for Dc2 is amazing - but the same thing for EG civic sux balls - so its hit and miss
    they make an amazing filter tho

so far i have made custom kits using this filter for a Ford FG Xr6, Nissan NX Sr20DE, CRX Del Sol, Toyota Corolla Sportivo facelift and a Impreza RX (n/a 2.5ltr) and they all worked out great

the simota whale intake is stil the best bang for buck around - $120 shipped of ebay - u cant go wrong lol
    it go around the $160.00 shipped....

hey Saint what about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3D1&viewitem=