Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4 Breeze

D Series Gear box Differences

Hay Guys I currently have a
    1995 Eg hatch Breeze it got a 1.5L single carby motor D15z2
    its running a S20 Gear box ( Currently needing some work)
    i have picked up a gear box from a 1998 EK CXi pretty sure its an S40? dont quote me

was wondering if the Gearing and final drives etc are the same or shorter or longer etc

thanks in advance!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4 Breeze
    anyone??? can move to the right place if wrong spot please?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I have a feeling most of the SOHC D-series gearboxes are compatible between different years and the gear ratios are mostly the same, although there are a few variants (JDM D15B and D16Y4?) that have shorter gears.

Peter made a good post in his latest build thread about this.

You can check it out here. Post #17.

Maybe ask him or 'TheSaint' for more info as they seem to have a better idea than most.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4 Breeze
    thanks mate get my gear box in morring cant w8 to drive the car with out a crazy diff wine and bearing wine from the clutch lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    Do research on the P20 B000 and A000, I'm not sure what the "S20" means on the label. But on the actual casting of the gearbox it says P20. But anyways, the B000 is the factory one that comes on the GLi's - ratios are long. And the A000 are the ones of the VTi's - Shorter ratios and 4.25 final drive. There is another A000 of the D16A8 but these need D16A8 drive shafts and the shafts need mounting holes on your engine block to hold the mid shaft which most other D's don't.

I have changed from a B000 to a A000 myself and it makes a difference, it's kind of annoying in traffic but is way way smoother and over all better than the B000. Btw JDM D15's came with a LSD in there boxes, thus they pricy and rare
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.