Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTIS 2006

Advice on simple mods to Honda Jazz VTIs 06

Hi guys, just want some advice and opinions on doing some simple mods with a 2nd hand jazz i'm about to buy.

The owner traded in his stock VTIs rims (which i liked alot) to get a silver 6 spoke sports rims (16") which i didnt really like. As this is the first time i'm getting a car, is it worth it to trade in rims at shops and get new ones?

Also, i'm looking to getting white lights/HID for the car as well. Issit possible to just change the bulbs in it to make it white or i have to get projectors?

Finally, any suggestions on good air intake filters?

rims: no, i'm sure you can purchase a set of stock vti-s rims from someone on this forum for not much at all and you are better off selling the rims privately.

hids: no you need a ballast to keep the voltage stable ~$100 installed not terrible expensive these days, projectors are optional, the jazz still aims the beam at the ground (somewhat) but you generally don't get hassled by cops because it's a reasonably new car as opposed to say an eg.

air intake: pm me, i'm parting my cold air intake out in the near future.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    I have 4 2006/2007 Vti-s rims with original tyres in my garage (in Canberra) that have done under 20,000 gentle kms. I would be prepared to sell them for $600. I can email closeup photos if your interested, just pm me.

cheers
    Artie

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTIS 2006
    Is it better to just get another set of rims or buy back the old vtis alloys? I really like the work emotions rims but they are damn expensive at 1.6k zzzz. Any nice black or silver rims with minimal spokes to recommend? I saw nobbs VTIs on the car for sale forums, his enkeis jspeed 3 looks sick but i cant find it zz..

you should be able to get a nice set of aftermarket rims for around $500 - $700 without tyres or non road worthy tyres, conditions will vary but again it depends on how much you want to spend. enkei rp01s are reasonably cheap these days and buddyclub p1s are pretty popular aswell. you can always try to find replicas for a cheaper price, but remember that your wheels are keeping your car from ground so i would prefer to spend a little more for genuine ones for assurance. work emotions are generally expensive, just keep in mind you need +40 as offset and the maximum legal size is 17" although you would likely rub and make your car look 4wd, it's also hard to find 4x100 stud pattern as it is more popular in bigger sizes which generally have other patterns.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTIS 2006
    thanks fillit! erm issit the offset that cause the car to rub against the fenders or the wheel inch size? i'm thinking only of 15/16 cause the current car i am buying has rims that look too big as he used low profile tyres.

it has to do with both, if your wheels are too big say 18 or 19 you won't be able to turn properly as your wheel will hit the guard, likewise with too low of an offset, if you are looking for rims for the jazz anywhere between +30 - +40 should be a perfect fit if the rims are 15x7 16x7 etc. with tyre size my person preference is 205/45/16

this is my car with enkei rp01s +40 16x7 on 205/45/16 to give you an idea

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTIS 2006
    wow.. Nice.. i just bought the car! 06 VTIs black! haha.. looking at bronze/gunmetal 16X& Rota Grid Rims now... I want the enkei jspeed 3 rims that nobb has on this forums but cant seem to find it..
    thank you so much for your help. Btw does ur wheels hit ur guards when u turn or when u go over bumps? it looks really low haha

my guards have been rolled so no, however it does rub when i have a full car and going over speed bumps and stuff, unfortunately it scrapes when at work as i have to go up 4 levels to get to parking ==

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTIS 2006
    hey fillit, i just saw that u're selling rp01? if yours is powder coated is there anyway to change it to silver/bronze?

sorry those have been sold already, they are relatively easy to find as they are quite popular, they come stock in silver.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTIS 2006
    U guys have any idea how much RJR Spider 17X7 rims from bob jane can be sold for? or will people even want them?trying to offset my cost of buying enkeis first..