Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 + JZX100

Question EF/ED seat interchangability? (And Bride rail question for Recaro)

Hey guys,

I just bought an EF9 Civic but it came with 2 bucket seats which I need to remove for RWC. Unfortunately the owner did not have the stock front seats so I will need to source these seats myself. I have been searching this site and also other international Honda forums and I am coming up with conflicting information so if anyone could confirm my assumptions that would be greatly appreciated.

From what I understand the US models can only have seats interchanged between 88-89 Civics only and 90-91 Civics and same for CRX only. Apparently if you choose to ignore this rule you must swap over the floor pan otherwise the mounts or recliner lever doesn't fit.

In the same thread it was said that this rule only affects USDM Civics and the worldwide models can have seats directly interchanged between 88-91 Civic/CRX with no problems. Is this true?

Ideally I'd like to get EF9 or EF8 CRX seats to match the SiR trim but I have a feeling that these are going to be hard to find so I might be better off going down to the local wreckers and finding any old ED/EF. I just want to make sure all ED/EF have the same mounting holes and fit first.

(As a side question, I've been told by a mate that Bride seat rails are a direct fit for Recaro seats, can anyone confirm this for me as I am yet to decide whether I will get some Recaros or Brides later down the track.)

Many thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    try http://www.crxaustralia.com if you want to find the crx seats mate. I've seen many wrecked crx trying to part out everything of their cars including the seats lol

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    EF8 front seats are not easy to come by unfortunately. But let me know if you find an EF8 wreck anywhere so I can pinch everything on it lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 + JZX100
    Thanks guys for input. I ended up just getting a pair of ED1 seats from the wreckers and for some reason the passenger side mounts don't line up - currently only held in by 3 bolts lol.
    Last edited by ToF; 01-03-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Mistakenly stated EF1 instead of ED1

hey mate,

ive got ED6 converted to EF9, i jst bought some sr3 recaros from dc2r and i need the seat rails from an EF9.

let me know if ur interested in selling it

cheers

Josh

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 + JZX100
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNGsTeR View Post
    hey mate,

ive got ED6 converted to EF9, i jst bought some sr3 recaros from dc2r and i need the seat rails from an EF9.

cheers

Josh
    I have no idea what you are after but for everyone else who's interested I recently bought SR3s too and I ordered Bride RO rails to suit EF1,2,3,9 and everything fits perfect now.

Recaro SRx seats require Bride type RO rails.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    errthang.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Quote Originally Posted by JoNGsTeR View Post
    hey mate,

cheers

Josh
    I have ed9 seat rails, pm me if interested

should be the same

i was probs baked wen i wrote tis lol....i wanted the seat rails off ur ef9 but dw lol

sweet how much n where u get from??