Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Funny I've been using ArmorAll on my dash/door cards/steering column etc, on both my cars, for several years - no cracks!

But I'll look into Mothers Protectant just coz Saint says so.

For polish I use Sonax, which is a semi-abbrasive - gets rid of some of your little scratches with hard rubbing, but doesn't damage your clear.
    I also recommend Nu Finish which recently began production again after demand when it had ceased.

For exterior plastics/trim I use Meguire's Trim Detailer (the best!).
    Tyres - generic tyre shiner (spray).
    Engine bay hoses - either tyre shiner or trim detailer, but the trim detailer always lasts longer on all surfaces.
    Metal - Meguire's Metal Polish. Autosol is overrated.
    Windows - that Super Cheap garbage gets the job done.
    Degreaser - as above.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Nice looking engine bay! Looks very tidy!

BEST way to clean windows is with a wet chamois and then run over it with a terry towel and I GUARANTEE you won't have any streak marks or anything... no need for any fancy window cleaning products here lads...
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

went down to autobarn today, got a clay bar kit and some meguars stuff. Super sunny, surely no rain right!? WRONG! Just finished spending 2hrs detailing my car... right when i finish it starts raining!
    This isnt the first time either, happens literally every time i wash my car!
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    ha, well at least it rained on a clean car!

Sometimes I get so annoyed when this happens I chamois it down again in the garage Only takes 5 minutes and put 2-3 hours in, so worth it IMO!

How did the clay bar go?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Yeah true lols. I dont have a garage though haha.

Clay bar works so good! im def using it from now on. You can really see on the clay all the crap its taking off. After a full on clean the car looked good, then after claybar it looks new. The rain beads off the car real nice too, It's like watching a female take a shower... only better
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    haha, loving the analogy lol - yeh I put a coat of polish and wax after my claybar, wasn't sure if I needed to but came up nice like you said too

+1 for the claybar!
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Thanks moite lawl. Especially when you run your hands along the paint when youve finished, feels like silk! props whoever said to wash animal turd off asap! i didnt notice a real small turd splatter and when i took it off today the clear coat under it went wrinkly! I dont get it, its as if they do it on purpose, i only ever see turd on my car and no where else, if not on my friggin head!!!!
    one day in gonna find all the bird nests in Loganholme, take my time to do a massive turd in every one i come across
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    The rain beads off the car real nice too, It's like watching a female take a shower... only better
    that's signature material right there

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Autoglym Rubber and Vynil Care is really good for engine hoses

Autoglym Bumper Care is great for the black plastic panels on the car - so far better than anything Maguires or Mothers make - lasts a crap load longer

still cant go past Mothers Protectant for your interior tho - that stuff is liquid gold
    make sure u use a cleaner to give the surface a quick clean first
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Will try, will try

Just buy at SCA/Repco/AutoBahn etc?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3-R
    What's the best product to re-store cf hood from deoxidisation?
    And where to buy 'em?

Thanks
    BBC/IC

i think with the cf your best to get it re/or clearcoated. I think some come with a gelcoat????????

when you understand how all the car care products work to remove scratches and marks and protect your paint you quickly know whats good and crap!. Zemol or something like that is popular as in the states but im yet to try it here. all the NSX owners rave about it, might give it a try once the dc2 paint has settled in.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-