Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra

DC-2, VTI-R few problems

Hey guys, just noticed this wire isnt plugged in... is it important?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've also been having "clunk" noises when i let go of the accelerator and when the weight shifts forward only. The mechanic said its the gearbox, but im not so sure. Because it doesn't happen all the time and goes away here and their. I would assume that gearbox play would be constant?

I did recently change the gearbox oil to castrol VMX 80, but that couldnt have this effect could it?

Cheers,
    Dave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00458..jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	17767  

Make sure all your lug nuts are tightened properly. That clunk noise happened to me and that was the problem.

If it's not that then it could be your cat shield is rusted or loose. Just tighten it or take it off.

Otherwise it could be your CV boot that needs replacing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I had the same clunk noise, it gets worse when you let go off the accelerator.

It was the CV, you can recondition them for 1/2 the price, theres plenty of guys doing that stuff around just look it up on yellow pages.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

The funny thing was that I was gonna get my CV boot changed. So what would have happened is that my CV would be replaced and my lugs tightened therefore fixed!

So make sure the lugs are tightened first before getting the CV changed.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra
    Thanks for the help guys.
    I did check the lug nuts, I left them loose once before which was scary!!!
    But that is not the case in this instance.

Cat Shield? Hmm thats interesting. I'll look into that. I'll def try taking it off for abit!

As for the CV joints, I did notice a leakage a while ago and got the CV joint re-booted.
    I've been monitering them for a while, I dont know how to tell if the are gone but the freeplay didnt seem excessive.

Another thing i noticed is at a stand still if i turn the wheel left half a turn and let go, their is a "pop" sound.
    It doesnt happen the other way. Could this mean its the left CV joint OR possibly the steering rack?
    I'm pretty stumped.

Normally people hear clicking with the CV joints?
    Anyone know what that wire does / goes??

loose engine mounts...same thing happened with me sometimes when i would suddenl;y take my foot off the accelerator while there was load on the engine, or take my foot off the clutch quicky...tightened all my engine mounts now the clunking noise has gone away

Member Array
    Car:
    DC
    That picture seems like an oil pressure switch wire, as for the noise check out ur rear eng mount.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    CV clicking means it'll need a reco. I had a spare set of mine reco'd for $50 cash in 30mins while I shared a smoke with the mechanic. If you're in Melbourne I'll put you onto him, he's a gun.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra
    Thanks guys! I better get that wire fixed up then.
    As for the clunk, i think it is an engine mount because its starting to sound more like metal on metal and the vibration gets stronger when it clunks.

I did find one fked up engine mount right at the front of the car but it looks like its been like that for a while?
    I'll get it checked out again, cheers. def not the gearbox tho!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrobe10 View Post
    Thanks guys! I better get that wire fixed up then.
    As for the clunk, i think it is an engine mount because its starting to sound more like metal on metal and the vibration gets stronger when it clunks.

I did find one fked up engine mount right at the front of the car but it looks like its been like that for a while?
    I'll get it checked out again, cheers. def not the gearbox tho!
    You mean the 2 torque mounts? One side is the eng and one is the gearbox? If so then mostly likely your rear eng is fuk'd and then it fuk'd the two torque mounts.. Sus em out man

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra
    Actually just checking through my bills and my car, the rear engine mount is 5,000km's old! and its tight up!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC
    Just reading you post again, was the noise there before you changed the gearbox oil?

*As for the clunk, i think it is an engine mount because its starting to sound more like metal on metal and the vibration gets stronger when it clunks. * Is the clunk consistent? Or is it a one off thing? Does the noise come when, just say you reverse and then go forward? And is the vibration getting stronger as the speed goes up? Like the steering wheel is shaking side to side?