Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

chipped tyre, safe/legal?

I was wondering if it's still safe/legal to drive around with a chipped tyre? If it isn't what do you think i should do? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by jordiiisme; 19-02-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    legal wise, im not so sure, but mine has similar chuck missing, an driving around is %100 fine so far, so dont worry too much, been a year since mine got bitten off lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Oh alright sweet, and i was stressing out haha. Thanks!

Should be ok, u can see how that part sticks out more its designed to protect the rim abit from gutter bashing.

Doubt u'll get defected for it but who knows they can get u for anything these days.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    as above

if it were any higher(or lower in this case) and on the sidewall I'd be concerned as the sidewall in that section would be much thinner than it should be and will possibly blow out at a random time

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Oh i see, thanks for the answers.

any issue to the sidewalls = instant unsafe and illegal. Scratches , holes , chips etc all compromise the tyres load rating and safety.
    Easy. Get a new tyre.

^

There are no comments from tyre engineers here. If reading these replies has given you peace of mind then I don't know what to say to you. Ignorance will not make your car safe.

Consult an actual expert in the matter. Accept that said expert is probably in the game of making money from you. Lesson learned? Avoid gutters and potholes.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Oh okay, definetly will do. Thanks for the advice.