Thread: k24 on gas

k24 on gas

what do you guys rkn? im thinking of converting my 2004 crv to gas

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    why??

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    i reckon its rediculous. there great on fuel
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    I thought the general rule of thumb is anything bigger than 3 liters, or 6 cylinders than its justifiable... cause supposedly its best on larger capacity engines from what a mech told me, id think it have to be a dual, gas an fuel type gas conversion, same system with all falcodores run, if u were to do it, so once a month petrol has to be run in

But the upside, the octane rating is pretty impressive on gas for something so cheap
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    it doesnt have to be dual fuel,,,

a lot of the retro gas conversions are 100% but that ****s your car up big time,

gas converted cars usually need petrol to start it then the converter kicks in and changes it to gas
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    I thought the general rule of thumb is anything bigger than 3 liters, or 6 cylinders than its justifiable... cause supposedly its best on larger capacity engines from what a mech told me, id think it have to be a dual, gas an fuel type gas conversion, same system with all falcodores run, if u were to do it, so once a month petrol has to be run in

But the upside, the octane rating is pretty impressive on gas for something so cheap
    the octane rating on gas blows by the time the liquid has been converted to a vapour and traveld to the chamber via a hot plenum. Gas in a liquid state is about 112 octane, you loose alot during atomisation and end up with something like 80-85 octane when its in the chamber. The longer the vapor tube the more octane loss

LPG injected is the way to go. thats when you gain power over petrol. LPG injected has not been radified for comercial use.

overall you can convert your CRV to LPG. and if done corectly you will enjoy many years of happy motoring. If done incorectly you will suffer many years of frustration
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 16-02-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I wouldn't do it if I were you. Gas is too expensive for what it is. It was hardly more than 40c/litre when my dad converted his Fairmont about 18-24 months ago, now it's over 60c/litre. I know all fuel is a tax-ripoff but due to the unprecedented rise in gas cost it will take you a long time to recoup your money.

At 40c/litre +/- my dad and I worked out it would take him about 2-3 years to break even on the cost of the conversion.

Sure is cheap though. His Fairmont is cheaper to run than my Civic! He uses about 15L/100km around town so it's costing him hardly more than $9/100km.

well im geting about 12L/100k's
    i filled up $20 which got me 14.4lt's and i only got 116K's out of it..
    the system i was looking at, is dual fuel.
    automaicly starts at petrol then switches over to gas.
    will it damage the engine?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    This is what my dad uses. Gas burns hotter than petrol so I believe the converting mechanic has to take this into consideration and change certain parts, but I can't remember what.

Also just need to make sure that occasionally you put in a full tank of petrol and turn the gas off, run it on petrol with some injector cleaner. My dad's car started running terribly when it started on petrol, fluttering and reluctant. This fixed the problem.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by aznstyler View Post
    will it damage the engine?

no it wont damage the engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    This is what my dad uses. Gas burns hotter than petrol so I believe the converting mechanic has to take this into consideration and change certain parts, but I can't remember what.

Also just need to make sure that occasionally you put in a full tank of petrol and turn the gas off, run it on petrol with some injector cleaner. My dad's car started running terribly when it started on petrol, fluttering and reluctant. This fixed the problem.
    one of my mates falcon has opposite problems, it starts horrible on gas, stutters than on petrol starts fine, i personally think its better to buy a car thats designed to run on gas, LPG converted cars from what iev seen have always had some sorta problem
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EF2 Feat B16A
    Ive seen a toyota hilux 88 hit 400k on duel fuel..94 hilux, toyota said it wouldnt work..still going strong and that got 350k plus... Gas is reliable if fitted correctly.. My crv is shit on fuel... I would be happy to get 100/10ltr but i dont get anywhere near that...