Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Spoon N1 Header - thoughts?

Hey guys,

I am in the position to possibly purchase a Spoon N1 Header. Im not sure if I should get this or not.

At the moment, im running a Injen CAI, Toda Header w/ toda hi flo cat, and a Spoon N1 exhaust. I plan on getting upgraded intake manifold in the future along with an ECU, but this wont be for awhile.

I'm just thinking making if i should have a full Spoon N1 exhaust, it may be better.

Just looking for opinions on this.

Also a downside on the Spoon n1 header is there is no cat. This is pretty illegal in AUstralia, but my car doesnt really get driven all that much.

I was looking for your opinion on if its worth the purchase of installing a Spoon n1 header or not. THe TOda header is more expensive - I know that.

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    just personally, and of course this is just my opinion which is what your asking for. I think it's really arrogant and disrepectful to drive a car without a cat, because it is so bad for the environment. You've already got a decent quality header, the gains from the N1 header may not warrant the money your spending on it which could be put towards the IM and ECU. I'm guessing the Spoon header is quite expensive? unless your getting it off a mate or something, in which case it could be a good deal. How much is the header if you don't mind me asking?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I can get it for $950 ono, obviously I be selling my TODA header, and will defiantely be getting more than $950 for my header. Yes, I am asking for your opinion and am welcoming people's true perceptions. I do know that in NSW, it is quite a hefty fine for running deCAT also. I also know one forum member who has Spoon header/catback, but he has fab'd a xforce cat onto his Spoon header. If I do end up going for the spoon header, i be running it decat. I been researching for past hour anda bit, and I dont think i reallly cbb to install another defectable item onto the car lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Striker View Post
    just personally, and of course this is just my opinion which is what your asking for. I think it's really arrogant and disrepectful to drive a car without a cat, because it is so bad for the environment. You've already got a decent quality header, the gains from the N1 header may not warrant the money your spending on it which could be put towards the IM and ECU. I'm guessing the Spoon header is quite expensive? unless your getting it off a mate or something, in which case it could be a good deal. How much is the header if you don't mind me asking?
    spot on man, theres a good reason why the fine is upto $10,000 for no cat... regardless of the car being a daily or weekend warrior, u should always tryn follow the rules... the only reason u wouldnt want to run a cat, is to achieve maxium power, but other wise, its a pointless argument to not have a cat... an also, most ppl can tell weather u have a cat or not, simply cause of the smell emitted, so should u get caught, prepare fork out heaps... And im pretty sure, some where along the fine print, in jap, it says race use only, lol

have u considered other companies, sure spoon does a awsum job in headers, but surely there must be alternatives, an cheaper that does the job
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Umm, to be honest guys, i'm bored with my car. My car has been off the road for close to 4 months now, it gets turned on, driven upstiars, wash, a few laps around the block and back downstairs itno my garage on a weekend basis. I'm bored with the car and like I said, the Spoon header came up for sale at a fair price - just doing my investigation.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    I see your point but if i was in your position i'd stick with the Toda headers. I don't reckon putting these headers on will entertain you any more than the car already does. You should save up and boost it, that'll be entertaining lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    if ur bored with the car, look in other areas, that can make it that more intresting, if not, than maybe time to move onto another car?, seems like u need a more powerful car, sumthing like wrx, skyline gtr or so....
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    im bored cos no licence lol. i actaully declined a 03 or 04 wrx sti and $5k my way.... the sti felt meh, plus i didnt really want a 4door LOL.

imma just stick with what I have now... its alright, cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ahahahahahahaha that explains it all now lol, well, not much u can do really when ur in that situation
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Stick with the Toda. Since the Spoon 4-2 and 2-1 are intended to bolt up directly in place of the corresponding parts in the JDM exhaust manifold I doubt the piping sizes and primary and secondary lengths are optimised as well as the Toda.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Thanks Tom!, been track yet and tested out the pci bearings? were all waiting ona review haha!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Stick with Toda, you won't really get any noticeable power gain/loss if you change. WOTAM. TB/IM and ECU + tune sounds like a good idea.

And always use a cat for goodness sake...

In fact I think even track-dedicated cars should be forced to use cat converters.