Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

super noob audio question!

hey guys.

currently got an eg hatch and just curious about some audio stuff.

for the rear brackets in the panels, would i need to do alot of modifying to fit 6x9s?

and with subs..

im assuming a 2 channel amp means 2 outputs, suitable for subs?

if thats right, would i be able to use just one of the outputs for now (till i can afford another sub) to power my single? then later use both outputs?

ta in advanced!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    with regards to the AMP, yes you can only use one channel for the time being.

how much watts is your amp? since its two channel im guessing its a MONO amp which is what you need for subs.

i got a Alpine Type R sub in my sisters car which is 1500watts/500 rms. and the amp is mono block 1000watts/300rms kenwood, and its underpowered
    snapping 2nd..

i haven't baught an amp yet as i was unsure, i've just got a 12" clarion sub which is a super powerfull 250rms.. lol

not sure what amp i should buy? cause i don't want to waste money on an amp that ill use for now then have to throw away, but then i don't want to have a terrible amp for when i do upgrade, and providing i upgrade, i'd then have to get a weak second sub, or straight out get two new subs.

no idea what to do !

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    hmmm unfortunately quality amps are not cheap. kenwood is in the same catergory as like sony xplode n shit. good bang for buck tho.

http://au.kenwood.com/Car_Entertainm...iers/KAC-9105D this is 500rms. will be sweet if you could get one alpine type r in factory ported box or a JL audio W7 paired up with it. or another clarion sub that you already have
    snapping 2nd..

ok so i've had a change of plans, and i think im just gonna get a small 12" sony xplod sub, just cause its cheap, and i think itll be loud enough to feel/hear in my eg anyway.

it has 300 RMS.

so what amp do you recomend?

thanks alot for the help!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    i see. the model before the one i linked you should be good. its 1000watt and 300rms so just perfect
    snapping 2nd..

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    with regards to the AMP, yes you can only use one channel for the time being.

how much watts is your amp? since its two channel im guessing its a MONO amp which is what you need for subs.

i got a Alpine Type R sub in my sisters car which is 1500watts/500 rms. and the amp is mono block 1000watts/300rms kenwood, and its underpowered
    A 2 channel amp is not a MONO a MONO is what you will need to run 1-2 subs to their full potential. I had a 4 channel amp, 2 channels running a 12" sub and the other 2 channels running to front splits. The sub sounded underpowered, didn't sound like a sub. So get a MONO to get the best sound from your sub(s)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    A 2 channel amp is not a MONO a MONO is what you will need to run 1-2 subs to their full potential. I had a 4 channel amp, 2 channels running a 12" sub and the other 2 channels running to front splits. The sub sounded underpowered, didn't sound like a sub. So get a MONO to get the best sound from your sub(s)
    i got a two channel amp and its MONO.. my sub is dual voice coil, so in total there are 4 wires (2positves and 2negatives)

ofcourse your sub was underpowered when your running it off a 4channel along side 2 speakers rated at like 200w..
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    your 2 channel amp is most likely bridged to act like a mono-block.

to the OP if you want to run twin subs in the future, get a half decent 4 channel then you can bridge the channels, and if you dont run twins you can still power 2 of you speakers off the amp
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

For now I'm just gonna run the one sub, which I just baught

I'm hoping 300 rms will be loud enough ? Then again it's going in a hatch so I think itll be fine.

So my best option for budget is to bridge a two channel that can put out 300rms correct ?

Thanks alot guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    its not bridged at all.
    all mono block amps are 2 channel... MEANING you can run 2 subs off the one amp. so it has 2positive terminals and 2negatives.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    ED9 CRX
    There is a bit of conflicting info being provided here..

An amp designed to run a sub should be 1channel and mono. Should also include a gain control and low pass filter.

You can bridge a 2ch amp to run 1 sub, or a 4ch amp to run 2 subs, but amps designed to run mid/ high speakers usually feature a high pass filter and dont behave the same as a mono amp designed to run a sub.

Best advice is to get 1 decent quality sub, and decent quality amp.. sad to hear you have already purchased the xplod, I wouldn't recommend them.

Try and get yourself a monoblock amp to run the sub, higher the RMS rating, the less work it has to do to produce a clean signal.