Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by fitme View Post
    still using the stock HU?...can i ask where did the installer connect the amp remote?..thanks
    sorry to hi-jack the question but i connected mine to the power antenna socket at the back. C-pillar, driver's side. blue wire as far as i can recall. will double check the diagram later when i get home.

@ OP: i just installed a "tube" subwoofer in my car - its a sub in an enclosure with an amp and complete wiring kit. costed me about $200++ (brand new on special in autobarn a couple of years ago) and a couple of hours to DIY install. i was just after a bit more bass so i installed a sub and amp only as the stock sound system lacks it. suits my needs.

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    ^ thanks .can you trace where the wires going to? is it under the rear seat? .. i dont want to open my c-pillar cover...

this is the one right??

EDIT: got the wires already...it's black and black(with stripe)..no need to open the c-pillar cover..thanks
    Last edited by fitme; 08-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic FD1
    If you do want to get an aftermarket head unit I have a spare Double Din Dash for the Civic. I'm actually in the process of upgrading so I'm in the process of selling my speakers, subs, amps and head unit lol.

Best thing to do is to decide on a budget and stick to it! Shop around for parts instore and online or even go second hand, though second hand is really worth it if you can do pickup..