DC5 timing chain skipped

Hey guys,

Got the car serviced, they changed the oil and filter turned it on.. apprantly the timing chain has skipped.
    The bloke says the dirt and grit build up in the oil (hasn't been changed for ages) has caused the sprint and oil tensioner to lose compression etc..

Is this likely? and then how long after this happen would the pistons collide etc?

i dont want to have to pull the head off if i can help it $700

his plan is replace worn timing chain and tensioners and do a compression test (currently there is 0 compression in all 4 cylinders)

thanks

o and worst case scenario... whats a type r sreuild worth FML..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    dude i hate to say it but i smell BULLSHIT. I bet it's one of those workshops that when they **** something up they tell you something needs replacing and **** you over money-wise. or if it's like battalion motors here in conberra they will do it on purpose.

can anyone back up this theory of oil causing a timing chain to skip??? cause i'm pretty sure the likeliness of this is about 0%.

that must be annoying as dude, how does the car run? have you driven it since they said this?

there should be a way you can check it yourself too, such as comparing the position of the harmonic balancer to the position of the cam gears using TDC?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Can't drive it.. 0 compression in all 4cylinders and timing is out.

Happened after the oil chance and car was turned on. Got a rattle car went off.. I'm praying to god valves are not bent.
    Tensioner failed apparently. Still waiting for a cost to replace

Oh and it's a pretty big Honda dealership in nsw
    Last edited by stanleym; 23-02-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    oh ok that sounds like they know what they're doing then. if it was some random workshop then I'd be skeptical. damn dude. well sadly I think the best way to check if everything is ok is to have the head pulled off. or get the timing corrected and see how it runs. if it runs good and doesn't make bad noises then you should be alright. sorry i can't be of more help man, that really sucks
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

lack of oil pressure or bad oil will lead to the failure of your chain tensioner and this is perfectly possible to happen.
    You are getting 0 compression because at TDC each tested cylinder is off a crack and valves are open etc ( hence , no compression)

just hoping valves are sweet and i escaped a bullet. thanks for clarification bennjamin!