Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    1989 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    you need to realise first that ADR's are designed primarily for brand new cars being sold on the market and then each state and territory has their own set of rules from there.

in victoria you can get away with having gauges on your A-pillar provided that the gauge itself when sitting in the drivers seat, doest not obstruct field of vision. i run two drift digital gauges in drift cups on my A-pillar and have been pulled over several times with them and have never been told off for them. i went thru the vicroads guide to modifications and it does not state anything about A-pillar gauges (there is a whole section on bonnet mounted gauges but im not going there)

with these stories you hear of people getting oil all over them when they are driving, it's because they didn't have all their weetbix that morning and decided to put a mechanical guage in the cabin (which is FULLY ILLEGAL BRO)

in regards to engineers certificate, it is like a rwc, it only last for 28 days so thats why you would have been defected by mr plod.

and if you are going to start arguing about defect/rwc laws and put a nissan in the same sentance, you have already made a mistake. nissan's are easy targets for the police because they all get told what to go after on nissans (along with most of the turbo cars that are used for slideways action)
    Cheers thanks! That makes a bit more sense and is the most useful info I have recieved here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    Dude, this is Ozhonda, not Ozroadlaws.com. There are very few people that actually know where to find laws, let alone know them. Hell I havent even bothered looking into it because to be honest, I pay the fines and clear the defect, then do it all over again. Its part of the game.

If you study law, then you should have the resources to be able to find the information you are after, rather then reffering to a silly car forum I suggest you use said resources.

I dont have facebook, but feel free to start whatever group you feel the need to. The way I see it, unless you are running full forged internals and itb's/forced induction, are making huge amounts of power and have spent tens of thousands under the bonnet, you dont need to know what your oil pressure is, or how many volts are running through your electronics. Feel free to comment on how a car doesnt have to be low or have large wheels Pretty sure Ill keep doing what Im doing and you will keep doing what you are doing.

Im pretty sure there is a clause somewhere along the lines where a member of the police force can defect a vehicle if they are uncertain on the roadworthyness of the vehicle as they are not qualified, trained mechanics, and merely read what they are supposed to look for in a hand book. So YES, Cops can defect you for anything, that they see unfit.
    Seeing as this is the road rules/regulations part of the forum, i thought a question about such would be a relevant topic to discuss here - and as far as asking about road laws on a car forum where there is a section devoted to it & attempting using this place as a resource to try and find out this infomation, which this thread shows obvioulsy isnt either a) readiliy accesible on either vic roads or federal websites, or is under an obscure section it seemed like a pretty logical place to try and have this question answered. Maybe you seem to think differently? As far as there being very few people that actually know where to find laws, let alone know them, that has been made abudently clear thanks to this thread.

As for just paying fine after fine and copping those when you have done nothing wrong, thats a personal choice. Why would you anyone do that? I dont pay other bills that I dont have to but hey it is your money right?
    4WS - Because they don't aim speed camera's at corners....

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteLude View Post
    Seeing as this is the road rules/regulations part of the forum, i thought a question about such would be a relevant topic to discuss here - and as far as asking about road laws on a car forum where there is a section devoted to it & attempting using this place as a resource to try and find out this infomation, which this thread shows obvioulsy isnt either a) readiliy accesible on either vic roads or federal websites, or is under an obscure section it seemed like a pretty logical place to try and have this question answered. Maybe you seem to think differently? As far as there being very few people that actually know where to find laws, let alone know them, that has been made abudently clear thanks to this thread.

As for just paying fine after fine and copping those when you have done nothing wrong, thats a personal choice. Why would you anyone do that? I dont pay other bills that I dont have to but hey it is your money right?
    I know my vehicle is unroadworthy, I dont need a police officer to tell me that, hence why I pay fine after fine. There is no point in me contesting it in court, that is just a waste of time. I do have to pay these fine, And I am more then happy to as I know I have broken the rules.

Thanks for overlooking the usefull advice I did include in my posts in this thread though, I hope your pillar mounted gauges work out and you get to monitor the temperatures of liquids/lubricants in your car.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_zivic View Post
    dude any sht above ur dash is a defect. stop trying to fight it coz u wont win, cops will always win and rape u.

u wont find any info about them gauges on vic roads.
    this is right, i work closely with VicPol out on booze buss/road block sites,
    i whatch all the vehicles they pull over to check for roadworthyness.

this gets people all the time. the gauges can be above dash ONLY if they are in a built in unit, like this:

NO gauge cups, no bare screw/bolts.
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Just letting you know guys.
    Yesterday i went through a booze bus, got question'd very heavily, height on the checked etc etc etc...
    Gauges came to the attention of the officers, i was very friendly may i add.
    The officer goes, "have you had any problem with these before?" "No, never"
    "Did you fit these?", "No, had them fitted professionally with all the necessary requirements to keep it as safe as possible by running line directly into the oil sump to get a reading instead of having oil run directly into the gauge itself"
    "Oh, someone who actually spent abit of extra money to do something safe, either know you shouldn't have them mate, i'll let you go."
    "Thanks mate, have a good one"

Was kind, polite and everything i said was actually true so even if they popped my bonnet i woulda been sweet...
    If you have them, you run the risk of getting a defect as i said but it doesn't worry me lol =)

^^ Just a personal experience

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 Prelude
    "Oh, someone who actually spent abit of extra money to do something safe, either know you shouldn't have them mate, i'll let you go."

Thanks for the info - do you want to clarify that bit - just doesnt make any sense to me!
    4WS - Because they don't aim speed camera's at corners....

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteLude View Post
    Thanks for the info - do you want to clarify that bit - just doesnt make any sense to me!
    Read the statement above it dude, i had them installed properly using a sandwitch plate which means no oil runs INTO the cabin directly so if a line was to burst you won't be burn't on your face.
    Hence why i spent the extra money to get it done once & right.