Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_zivic View Post
    my cuzin has a jdm s15, and cops told him to removed the factory gauges hahaha.

dont the importers removed the gauges on the pillar to compliy with adr to get RWC and then put it back on for ya?.lol
    mates told me.
    tbh i don't know lol...
    But you could claim that it is a item that is originally from the maunfactorer....
    So it could possibly save you due to the fact i was told by highway patrol and TMU officers that unless it comes factory standard, it's illegal.. Go figure!

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_zivic View Post
    dude any sht above ur dash is a defect. stop trying to fight it coz u wont win, cops will always win and rape u.

u wont find any info about them gauges on vic roads.
    Not fighting it DUDE, trying to locate the rules DUDE. TIs that simple enough for ya? So you are saying they are none or you have no idea what they are?

I am not disagreeing that mounting things on your A pillar MAY attract a canary but WHAT LEGISLATION are they/will they charge me under?

Look if you cant actually answer my question then why reply? K Brah? Geez....
    4WS - Because they don't aim speed camera's at corners....

Member Array
    theres none regulation on vic roads site.

i went cop station and vic roads and ask if gauges on the pillar and they said anything on d pillar is illegal even gps device.(anything that ur face will hit during a accident)

when u have a accident they will point that out and the insurance refuse to pay u out. simple.
    i been der done it thats y im telling u.geez

aight Holmes.

Member Array
    u will earn a major yellow sticker when cops get u.

if u dont believe me go in vic roads and tell em come out and have a look at ur car or go cop station.

yeah, cause he's going to just go to the police station to TEST if something will pass for legal, good job.

you're not helping this thread at all, OP said NOTHING about fighting the cop over it, he was probably trying to do the opposite, and find out what the consequences of getting done by a cop are,go troll somewhere else.

Member Array
    geez not helping? i just type all da shit he needs to know.
    i got done with gauges on pillar and gauges on da bonnet few years ago, INSTANT DEFECT.
    i ask the cop why? he said gauges mounted on the pillar are a obstruct to ur visions and when u have a impact ur head hit its.
    then went to vic roads told em to come out and have a look to confirm it and THEY SAID ILLEGAL!!!!!

what else do u want to know ffs. its pretty much straight forward.

op just trying to help but if u wana be **** then GL.

u wont find any info on that on vic roads.
    Last edited by honda_zivic; 28-02-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 Prelude
    INSTANT DEFECT? THEY SAID ILLEGAL!!!!!
    Right - so you are aware it is illegal/defect able. I already had a fair idea that it was. Thanks for telling me that four time in the last four posts. I got that part. In fact I knew that before I posted.

What I wanted to know is under what ADR rule is it illegal. Clearly you have NFI where this is. You have also said that clearly in your last three posts.

I know I shouldn't feed trolls, but this one seems like it aint been fed for a while and is rather hungry.

I think it is under ADR 18 or 21 however these both appear to be relating to stock instrumentation.
    4WS - Because they don't aim speed camera's at corners....

Member Array
    its not listed on vicroads but its falls in the same category as bonnet scoops and external gauges. as wat vic roads said last time bcoz i ask em how come pillar gauges arent listed and they said its the same as bonnet scoops n shit category.

so basically what you're saying is, it's not a law but it's illegal?

i lol'd.

Member Array
    i dont get u, its the same as bonnet scoop regs.

they can't just say it falls under that law, i would assume if it doesn't say something about it, it's not illegal..

Dude, at the end of the day, your a peasant in the system.
    The cop is the "almighty tax collector" and were just the peasants who pay the taxes, look at it like that and you will realize that any modification is classified Illegal UNLESS it's ADR.
    If not ADR, it is defectable but hell i don't care about ADR shit anymore, if you don't bend the rules slightly, you'll never enjoy life!!

Have no fear driving with modifications (just don't drive like a dick) and you should be right!!
    Cop's don't generally pull you over UNLESS you've done something wrong OR your asking for the attention.

Trust me, i know this.
    Lost my license twice and im well on my way to my third suspension in just 2 years of driving so i have the experience to tell you (not saying that my record is a good thing, but the things you learn and the way you deal with cop's come in good use though =))
    By the way, never received a defect though LOL...