Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: t28 turbo

Member Array
    Car:
    94 VTI CIVIC, 72 RX2 13BT

Question t28 turbo

Hey i was wondering if a t28 off a R32 GTR would be too litle for a vtec d16y1 civic? i just think it will spool up nice and quick cause of its size.

Member Array
    Car:
    -
    It really depends how much power you want to achieve. A T28 on your 1.6 would proberly produce about 140rwkw at 1.0bar at best. The upside is the fact that you would have very quick spool up and great mid-range if that is what you are after. If power is what you want then a T4 might be better.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by JR Performance
    A T28 on your 1.6 would proberly produce about 140rwkw
    geez thats one hell of a turbo to produce power at the rear wheels

i think the T28 would be fine if you want a cheap street turbo, though i'd go for one of the garrett GT series as they are much better turbos (but will cost a lot more obviously)

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by creativepunka
    Hey i was wondering if a t28 off a R32 GTR would be too litle for a vtec d16y1 civic? i just think it will spool up nice and quick cause of its size.
    I take it your wanting it for low boost? Engine is still standard? I think it would be ok, and yes it would spool up quick, but on the other hand it would be spinning hard at higher rpm and therefore the turbo will run hotter.
    Deano.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B20A Turbo prelude
    I would recomend the T28 of an S15 (not R32) The S15 T28 is steel wheel and B.B.

I have a S15 T28 on my B20A prelude. U have very little lag and still a healthy whack of boost at top end. I feel it is a very good 'street car' turbo setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 VTI CIVIC, 72 RX2 13BT
    yer i can get the t28 for free because im swapping a mates gtr turbos over to hks2530s and said i can have em and the stock gtr intercooler(which is goin on my other car). what about a t25g off an sr20 silvia? cause im putting a to4 on a mates car and he said i can have that one too. its just that i can get the gtr one quicker. its just going on a stock engine and dont really care how much power i really make- i just wanna be able to beat a few commodores ;-)

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I would recomend the T28 of an S15 (not R32) The S15 T28 is steel wheel and B.B.

I have a S15 T28 on my B20A prelude. U have very little lag and still a healthy whack of boost at top end. I feel it is a very good 'street car' turbo setup.
    A Gtr turbo is smaller than a T28 well the turbine part is anyway, way smaller, it will boost pretty early but I am guessing it is too small for racing but OK for low boost.

As for a T28 from a S15 being Ball bearing- It is just a myth. The only Ball Bearing t28 turbo is from the high end imports (not sure if they call it the type S), all Australian delivered ones are bush bearing. Many will try to tell you it is BB but don't be fooled.
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B20A Turbo prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmods
    A Gtr turbo is smaller than a T28 well the turbine part is anyway, way smaller, it will boost pretty early but I am guessing it is too small for racing but OK for low boost.

As for a T28 from a S15 being Ball bearing- It is just a myth. The only Ball Bearing t28 turbo is from the high end imports (not sure if they call it the type S), all Australian delivered ones are bush bearing. Many will try to tell you it is BB but don't be fooled.
    I was not talking about a 'gtr' I was refering to a 'r32 gts'

And I was tlking about 'type S' s15 turbos.

Sorry about my lack of communicatiom skills.

FastAz

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I was not talking about a 'gtr' I was refering to a 'r32 gts'

And I was tlking about 'type S' s15 turbos.

Sorry about my lack of communicatiom skills.

FastAz
    Nice turbo, You got a spare for me, I am only using a S14 t28, does a great job but wouldn't mind a type s one or GT28.
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    flipmods is correct about the GTR turbo .
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    flipmods GT28's arent that much anyway, $1200 will get you a brand new one

The T28 from a R32 twin turbo will not work as efficient on its own since it is designed especially for a twin turbo sequential set-up, however thats not to say it wont work. If low boost, then go for it, but dont boost it too high due to the crappy ceremic turbine (ewww!). The T25G is alittle more laggy i have found but are smaller in size... not much grunt in the top end. But if ur getting them for free, then they'll do the job just fine.