Thread: spark plugs?

spark plugs?

i was wondering what spark plugs are ppl using?
    i have just recently ordered NGK laser iridium spark plugs at 27.50 a pop..
    so 110 dollars all up.. does this sound too expensive?
    what other brands should i be looking at? bosch?

thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    The major auto stores will sell them around 21.50 each but you can get them cheaper if you shop around. I got mine at JDMYard for around 16 or 17 each. NGK is a bit different than borsh because they design a plug that will suit specific engines. While borsh will have a plug that will suit numerous cars from different car companies too. Do you have the spark plug part number? If you do try searching some websites to get it cheaper.

21.50? are they the laser iridium spark plugs? or just the platinum ones?
    what difference does it make being platinum or iridium?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    NGK Iridium IX are 21.50 at supercheap. I think the Laser iridium are the same price. Platinum and iridium are just the tips on the spark plugs. Normal plugs use copper tips because its such a good conductor but they dont last as long. Some of the european cars use platinum tips because they last pretty long but they cant conduct and ignite like the copper plugs. While the iridium plugs can last just as long but they can ignite the fuel better than the platinum ones. Hope this helps.

izfr6k-11s thats the part number..
    thanks heaps stienerv2.. ill look around to see whats the best price..

Quote Originally Posted by stienerv2 View Post
    NGK Iridium IX are 21.50 at supercheap. I think the Laser iridium are the same price. Platinum and iridium are just the tips on the spark plugs. Normal plugs use copper tips because its such a good conductor but they dont last as long. Some of the european cars use platinum tips because they last pretty long but they cant conduct and ignite like the copper plugs. While the iridium plugs can last just as long but they can ignite the fuel better than the platinum ones. Hope this helps.
    $21.50 each is definably too expensive, you can get NGK Iridium IX from here performancelub.com at $14 per plugs.

+1 for Harold @ performancelub... $0.50 cheaper per plug from where I normally get them, knows his stuff and a friendly bloke! oils are well priced too! Purchased some redline oils a while back off him.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    stick with ngk plugs. bosch plugs are just f**ken crap. they don't give a strong enough spark & sometimes they actually cost more than ngk equivalent. the price your paying does sound a bit expensive because at work i charge out irridum/platinum plugs for around $22ea
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Anyone got their car serviced at Hanny's?
    I got told they use KJ20CR-L11 which is basically a ZFR7F-11/BPR7E ngk converter number which is just a normal copper plug.
    Any negatives from just using a copper plug?

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive

Ngk iridium spark plugs izfr6k-11s

purchased some NGK spark plugs off ebay.. it was less than $48 including shipping for 4 plugs and it took a week here from the states. was looking for em here but prices were expensive.. got quoted $96

Arrived

4x NGK Iridium

Made in Japan, speak germany?

Oh yeah, Genuine

What i didnt know was my stock plugs were actually NGK Iridium. Difference between the two. Did 53,600km and had the car for 5 years now

All in all, it took 10mins to do. DIY is best

P.S. if you wanna get Densos, model no is SKJ20DR-M11S
    Last edited by JOhnnyFD; 10-01-2013 at 01:03 PM.