Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet

Talking My civic (tell me wat u think first impressions Is it Rice? )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6wRJ1D-yo
    thers not much to show in the video
    My car:
    Civic ek1 Gli Hatch (1996)
    Engine (d16y4 single cam 88kw 120hp)
    Just installed a cannon 2 days ago
    i am going for the JDM/Cali Look but the car wen i bought it had them ugly rims
    im after sum Work Equipz
    im only 16 not workin at school yr11
    on my ls Leave your comment on wat u think
    and wat u would do to this car

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Looks like most other EK's i suppose.. Anyway it's your car, do what you like, not listen to others.. Just don't put stupid bodykits and things on it, and it'll be fine. You'll always get haters no matter what.

Is this the car you're sure you want to pour ur money into?

Looks like any other ordinary EK to me mate. Just dont put weird bodykits on it tho.. like curtis said. Your only an L plater so you got plenty of time to start modding this car. And you may need to find a job
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Thx For The comments

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    guess the only rice thing you got on is the ugly as cannon.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Yes, with 17 inch rims and that muffler, your civic is rice. New muffle and 15 or max 16 inch rims are the unanimous go.

I saw the video. You have no rear sway bar. Get an ek9 (22mm) rear sway bar and ASR sub-frame brace ASAP. It will be the best modification you can make on your civic. Do it now!

I'm not talking crap, that is good advice.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 23-02-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

I reckon before you get a sway bar burn those chrome floor matt's. If its your thang and you like them then keep em. but seriously, i cant stand chrome floor matts.

And yeah, max 16" rims mate. Having a cannon and a stock exhaust is like having huge ball's and a small c*ck IMO. It's not only looks that make your car ricey, its also sounds. Like having a slow as car and putting a huge muffler on it, best example is when i see gli lancers with huge cannon's. Or having a massive sub and cranking it way more than necessary whilst cruising through a shopping centre on a thursday night. Just read up here on OH mate, youll get heaps of good advise
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    Hey mate, welcome to OzHonda.

Pretty much, your car is a great starting point, if it makes you happy, then that is the most important thing.
    Personally I am not a fan of the chrome floor mats, or the wheels. But that is just my personal opinion.

The exhaust will make it sound louder, but will do very little for performance. But if that's what you want, then awesome!
    You are lucky to have the Gli, man what I would do for power windows. Haha

Hopefully we see more of you on here and your car!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    learn to drive the car, than talk mods, dont spend a cent as yet, save up, learn to drive, than improve on what needs to be improved, handling, brakes etc etc.... stick a Ek4/EM1 swaybar for the time being, u dont need a ASR with Type-R swaybar atm
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Again thx guys and Yes i hate the rims soo badly and the exhuast is ther for now to give the car sumthin extra
    i dont plan on getting a new sway bar atm im planning to go for wat i can afford cheap mods coz i dont work but planning to yr 11 is Hard

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    lololol huge balls and a small ****, jeremydawg is hilarious!

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Quote Originally Posted by eren View Post
    Again thx guys and Yes i hate the rims soo badly and the exhuast is ther for now to give the car sumthin extra
    i dont plan on getting a new sway bar atm im planning to go for wat i can afford cheap mods coz i dont work but planning to yr 11 is Hard
    exactly what i sounded like last year when i was your age, when i got my car i just wanted something on there for a little bit of sound. Lucky i didnt go with a cannon but i still made a mistake.
    best thing to do is to save your money and dont waste it on cheap parts youd rather do it once and do it right, but then again some cheap parts are better than expensive ones.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+