Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 05 Base

[SYD] Repairing/Replacing Hood+Front Bumper (BIG NOOB)

So, I've recently gotten in possession of a '97 accord vti from my dad. He grabbed it for a nice price (I'm not sure how much) but with damaged front. The previous owners SON accidentally rammed into some other person.

Anyway, I'd like to know how much it would cost to Repair/Replace (the better solution) the hood & front bumper (and whatever else that needs to be replaced). I know my way around but not really experienced with cars etc.

Heres some pics of the damage.
    (Planning on taking that front out, looks hell ugly)

Thanks!

LOL! what the hell is that bull bar doing there and why is it attached with rope lol. Prob his dad put it there incase his son decided to crash it again. Its hard to tell how much it would cost mate, your prob better off looking around at the wrecker or going to a panel beater, get some quotes. The bumper looks ok it prob just needs to be re attached. is the bumper screwed, like is there anything that has broken off from it like the screw holsters?
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Thats looks like a worn out fibreglass bumper. Not original imo. I only just found out (after 10 years) that the previous owner had a minor incident, as the frint left corner is discoloured, due to what I think is fibreglass repair job. Not happy.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 05 Base
    Yeah i think it is a fibreglass bumper its pretty bad IMO. I'm not sure if its temporary and all. That bull bar is coming off after everythings been done, yeah it was placed up there "incase other accidents happen" IMO people will TRY to hit me see'ing that bar tied with rope =='

Anyways the bumper is in pretty good condition, but even if its fibreglass its possible to chuck on a front lip right? I think the damage has already been taken care of, my dads mechanic so hopefully he can panel beat it out. Maybe?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    fibreglass bumper?? wtf??

it looks like an aftermarket bumper that has not been sprayed yet.
    OEM parts whore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CD5, EK4, GD3
    plastic for sure. not fibreglass, wtf? wreckers will prob sell you a good second hand oem bonnet for $200-$300 and a front guard for like $150, and if you NEED a bumper prob $200 or so. Up to you if you want genuine parts tho. Aftermarket stuff will be new and prob half that price but they dont always fit great straight away, need a bit of fiddling with the dyegrinder, etc. Either way you have to get everything sprayed anyhow, so there goes another $500 easily. Un less your lucky to find the right parts in the right colour at your local honda wrecker.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 05 Base
    Alright, with progress my dads mate (who panel beats) managed to get most of the bonnet fixed. The bumper is actually plastic. (Sorry, I'm quite an idiot with car parts). And for the bumper, it should be fine. The front guard is getting paneled too. Pretty much waiting to see about painting it. Thanks for the recommendations though!

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    I think it might be a bit more Pyro.

I replaced a boot lid and it set me back $300, was spose to be $400 but i argued with the guy from Hontoys that it was scratched.

Not sure if a front bumper would be less, I assume it would be more considering most write-offs would prob mangle their front bumpers, and probably their bonnets.

Definately look at Hontoys or Honbits depending on ur location.

(only just saw last post by OP, might as well leave this post for reference).
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....