buying s2000...questions

I am planning to pull the trigger on a 2004 S2000 AP2. It has abt 78k miles on it.
    I have gone through the buyers guide and am compiling all of those .. Also the top has a tear in it, the guy says it doesnt' leak. Is it something I shoudl be worried about. Any other pointers will also be really helpful. here is a video of the car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0oZl...layer_embedded
    also I dont have a mechanic i go to regularly, will a check at any local mechanic be good enough to see that the engine transmission etc are ok.What would be a good price for this car
    Last edited by tanks; 25-02-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    well i can tell you in australia that car would be worth around $35 000 to $40 000 AUD

but in US im sure its cheap !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    yeah if we had the US prices, everyone in australia would be buying AP2s....
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by drsilliez View Post
    yeah if we had the US prices, everyone in australia would be buying AP2s....
    ap1 ftw!
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    93 Del Sol CRX
    check diff, and clutches are a problem, also they like to use alot of oil, just for the heads up

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    are you from the USA?? or importing one into australia for track use or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    ap1 ftw!
    as if =P

As far as the tear goes i have to small tears on either side of my soft top beither are as big as that one but one is slightly wider, but i have never had leaks through mine either.