dc5r (k20a) average compression

Hey Guys need to know some averages if possible

Have just done a compression test after fixing all the timing up on my car...
    1cyl | 2 cyl | 3rd cyl | 4th cyl
    175 | 125 | 145 | 145

Obviously its not too ideal but do you guys think the valves would have collided for this result? keep in mind the car had done 130000 and is an 02 model

What are the average compression numbers for this engine

Cheers Sam

did it on a warm/HOT engine ?
    you should see 200-240 psi across the board. a big discrepancy between cylinders = compression leak at rings or valves etc

Bennjamin,

Nah timing was just aligned up and was turned by hand. Have picked up a 2nd hand tensioner and timing chain and going to test it running properly before i get the cylinder head taken off.

Thoughts?
    got the 2nd hand stuff from a dc5r with 50000kms on the clock from toda

cant hit compression without the starter motor doing the hard work for ya mate ! Hook it all up , and try again.

FAR OUT seriously what are these Honda people feeding me... gunna tell em to change the parts start the engine and test the compression.
    If its drivable its goin straight to toda.

Where would have honda pulled those results from? They said they fixed the timing up and tested the compression by hand?

well....you telling me that by hand - sounds like they rotated the engine crank by hand to get a reading on a compression tester tool. Am I right ?They could of meant via a hand tool ( the compression tester for example).

Because you dont do that - you hook the tool up to each cylinder thru the sparkplug hole....and basically disconnect the fuel supply and start the engine ( engine will free spin as starter rotates it , and the compression will jump up until peaking after a few turns.)

yea dont think they did that they mentioned spinning it with a ratchet is some rubbish..

dont think spinning the crank by hand , can obtain the compression due to compression resistance !
    Correct me if wrong !

Yeah, that sounds a little suss, i always use the starter motor, there is a lot of variance between your cylinders, get them to do it properly and do a dry and then a wet test, this will let you know if its the rings or valves.. good luck!!